• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which should I send my comics to: CGC or PGX ??

46 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am getting ready to send about 20 comics for grading, and I am wondering whether to send them to CGC or PGX.

What do you folks see as the reasons for going to PGX or CGC? (shrug)

Will PGX grades get the same recognition as the same grade for CGC?

Which will sell better, PGX or CGC?

There are numerous differences in "getting the comics done" concerning price and turn around time:

As a member of CGC, I can send them in, for books published between 1980 and 2013, 15 or more at a time, pay $18 each, and wait @ 60 days currently for them. For $28 per book, they will get the back in 10 days. Individuals can not submit books to CGC for grading, only members can.

As an individual, with PGX, for books published between 1978 and 2013, I can send in 1 or more, pay $13 each ( meaning I can start with a $13 investment), and wait 20 days for them.

When it comes to comic published before the listed dates, CGC will charge $25 with a 15 book minimum (meaning I have to invest $375 to start). They will turn around in 20 days for $35 per book with a 15 book minimum ( $525 to start). They have others services for $35, $45, $60, and $95 for delivery in 59, 20, 15, or 5 days. PGX charges $20 with a 20 day turnaround.

I am leaning toward PGX because of the cost and turn around time, but I am very interested in what you folks have to say. I may not make sense tto do it if the buying publix does not view PGX as a legitimate grading source.

Thanks in advance! :applause:

James

Send your books to PGX. You'll love them.

I agree.

I was planning on going on the Apple / MAC message boards to get advice on what kind of PC I should get. I'll let you guys know.