• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Suggestions?

16 posts in this topic

Funny smart-assy is a pretty good description of Quantum & Woody.

It's a new series from Valiant. Issue #3 comes out on Sept. 4th.

Here's a "free taste" of the humor/style in the form of one-pager stories:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6754829

Funny smart-assy is a pretty good description of Quantum & Woody.

It's a new series from Valiant. Issue #3 comes out on Sept. 4th.

Here's a "free taste" of the humor/style in the form of one-pager stories:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6754829

+1

The original series of Quantum & Woody is worth hunting down too. I loved that series!

Or try The Exterminators. It's a Vertigo book. It went 30 single issues in 5 trades. It's really weird and funny. And weird. Written by Simon Oliver art is mostly done by Tony Moore. This is from Wiki.

Henry is training with his partner, AJ, under Bug-Be-Gone, an extermination company ran by Henry's father, Nils. Henry is out of prison, and after AJ overdoses on Draxx, the insect-killing gel Bug-Be-Gone uses, the police try to solve a break in at the extermination company. End of Wiki part.

Well if Draxx kills bugs lets shoot it up and get high.

You might be able to find back issues cheap or the first trade is only 10.00 bucks I think. Or try the library. Libraries RULE!

FreakAngels is written by Warren Ellis. Same guy who wrote Transmetropolitan. Warren Ellis has written tons of other different comics. I personally have read just about everything by Ellis. I tried a few issues of Transmet and couldn't get into it. I think he has tons of stuff better than Transmet but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on that one. Maybe people haven't read enough of his other stuff?

Even though I am way behind on it Chew is awesome. Only got to 9 or 10.

Or try The Exterminators. It's a Vertigo book. It went 30 single issues in 5 trades. It's really weird and funny. And weird. Written by Simon Oliver art is mostly done by Tony Moore. This is from Wiki.

Henry is training with his partner, AJ, under Bug-Be-Gone, an extermination company ran by Henry's father, Nils. Henry is out of prison, and after AJ overdoses on Draxx, the insect-killing gel Bug-Be-Gone uses, the police try to solve a break in at the extermination company. End of Wiki part.

Well if Draxx kills bugs lets shoot it up and get high.

You might be able to find back issues cheap or the first trade is only 10.00 bucks I think. Or try the library. Libraries RULE!

FreakAngels is written by Warren Ellis. Same guy who wrote Transmetropolitan. Warren Ellis has written tons of other different comics. I personally have read just about everything by Ellis. I tried a few issues of Transmet and couldn't get into it. I think he has tons of stuff better than Transmet but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on that one. Maybe people haven't read enough of his other stuff?

Even though I am way behind on it Chew is awesome. Only got to 9 or 10. [/quote

I will try this one it sounds cool. If you liked Chew on 9-10 wait until you get to Major League Chew] (21-25) it gets very interesting to say the least (thumbs u