• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Comics Seventieth Birthday

42 posts in this topic

Marvel Comics #1 was published in October 1939.

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Marvel has also planned to celebrate their 65th Anniversary by releasing a steady stream of Golden Age Masterworks, starting with Marvel Mystery and Captain America, and presumably Sub-Mariner and the Human Torch (maybe even All-Winners and All-Select) in 2005.

cloud9.gifyay.gif

It would seem they are more interested in a Julie Schwartz Tribute over the importance of the anniversary. But I do like the DC COMICS PRESENTS SPECIALS that they are putting out.

But I can understand how something like this can happen. Its not the same people running the business. They don't see the importance of the anniversary. Or they just plain missed it.

It would seem they are more interested in a Julie Schwartz Tribute over the importance of the anniversary. But I do like the DC COMICS PRESENTS SPECIALS that they are putting out.

But I can understand how something like this can happen. Its not the same people running the business. They don't see the importance of the anniversary. Or they just plain missed it.

This just reminds me how DC has lacked a figure head that is the face of the company at ground level for many years. Stan the man would never let something like this go by without its proper due.

This just reminds me how DC has lacked a figure head that is the face of the company at ground level for many years. Stan the man would never let something like this go by without its proper due.

Paul Levitz.

In the early 1970s, he even ran his own DC fanzine, called "Etcetera And The Comic Reader".

He was a fan who became President of the company.

Paul Levitz.

In the early 1970s, he even ran his own DC fanzine, called "Etcetera And The Comic Reader".

He was a fan who became President of the company.

Talk about a dream come true.

I bet DC is saving it all up for a DIAMOND JUBILEE (75th Anniv)!

I would have thought that the Seventieth is a bigger milestone than the 75th.

And even so, that's a full five years away.

A lot can happen in five years.

(If you all vote Bush back in, I dread to think...)

This one is NOW.

This one is NOW.

The 75th is the bigger milestone, at least in the United States. I'll bet they do a big deal for the 75th.

This one is NOW.

The 75th is the bigger milestone, at least in the United States. I'll bet they do a big deal for the 75th.

I'm pretty sure it's a bigger thing everywhere....but don't ask impatient people to wait 5 years for a big party when they can have a smaller party right now tongue.gif

Since when did either Marvel or DC miss a chance to make some money? I agree with Ian, I think they just forgot.

Or they just don't care.

I wish they would be a little more considerate of long time fans who've stuck with them since they were kids, everytime they relaunch Teen Titans or the Legion with yet ANOTHER number one.

Since when did either Marvel or DC miss a chance to make some money? I agree with Ian, I think they just forgot.

How do you forget? You mean to tell me this issue was never discussed internally or even mentioned to DC executives from people outside the company? Its just plain sloppy is what it is.

How do you forget? You mean to tell me this issue was never discussed internally or even mentioned to DC executives from people outside the company? Its just plain sloppy is what it is.

I certainly did tell Paul Levitz.

I think they just ignored it all.

Maybe he just ignored you. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ian I am glad that there are people like you that are willing to take the time to let these companies know what we think rather than just complain about it. I certainly think Marvel got the message (through the chat boards and direct feedback) and has almost stopped printing those "strike a pose" covers that gave no clue as to the storyline and contents of the book. thumbsup2.gif