• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Ventriloquist I think was one of the short ones....It seems to sell well on ebay anyways.
it was actually one of the heaviest printed compared to non bat titles (thumbs u

The key there is non bat titles. The Ventriloquist and Freeze and most likely Clayface and of course Joker's Daughter will be the most sought after because they ARE the lowest printed books from the various Batman villain books. The readers of Batman and Tec every month are inclined to also pick up the lesser printed TDK and Batman and Robin titles this month, which they wouldn't necessarily do, because they want to complete a set of Batman's rogues gallery, something easier and far less expensive than buying all 13 3D covers for each week for 4 weeks.

Yeah other non bat books like Earth 2 and Flash have smaller print runs, but unless someone is trying to grab all the covers there isn't the same amount of incentive for a non regular Earth 2 or Flash reader to grab those titles during Villain's month.

I have no interest in 2nd prints. I like the idea of these being a nice special one time thing for me. DC will kill the golden goose eventually. They will figure out the production issue with the 2nd prints and they will be a TON of them.

The 2nd print will be manufactured to order. Not sure how many folks will fork out the $200 for a full set. I'm guessing there will NOT be tons but pretty limited. hm

you guys have some Bloodthirsty LCS's. My main store had stacks of all 13 issues for cover, no flim flammery.

Wonder how these 3D covers are affecting other comics out this week. I was tapped out after buying these, no monies left for other stuff.

There was a whole stack of the Harley Quinn 2D standard cover at the LCS I visited. No one touched them. The same with Mr. Freeze and Lobo.

Why would DC print so many standard covers when people want the lenticular covers?

So is this what all the cool kids are into these days lol

Midtown is offering a pre-order for a complete 53 3D cover (2nd print) for $70 (I think). That seems pretty reasonable in my book, if you can get past the 2nd print factor (of which I know some can't).

PS: the covers are pretty kick *spoon*

:gossip: Ryan, I was fooled too with the price on the 2nd print complete set at Midtown Comics when I first saw it. The savings are $69.98, and the actual price is $129.97

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?pl=311&PRID=DC+Villains+Month+3D+Moti_1291781

Midtown is offering a pre-order for a complete 53 3D cover (2nd print) for $70 (I think). That seems pretty reasonable in my book, if you can get past the 2nd print factor (of which I know some can't).

:gossip: Ryan, I was fooled too with the price on the 2nd print complete set at Midtown Comics when I first saw it. The savings are $69.98, and the actual price is $129.97

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?pl=311&PRID=DC+Villains+Month+3D+Moti_1291781

that makes more sense...we too, are offering to our customers at 35% discount (or $129.97)...I figured there was no way they could sell for $70....

I have no interest in 2nd prints. I like the idea of these being a nice special one time thing for me. DC will kill the golden goose eventually. They will figure out the production issue with the 2nd prints and they will be a TON of them.

The 2nd print will be manufactured to order. Not sure how many folks will fork out the $200 for a full set. I'm guessing there will NOT be tons but pretty limited. hm

I stand corrected. I thought they would just be your standard 2nd print up for order. Guess I should have read more. doh!

that makes more sense...we too, are offering to our customers at 35% discount (or $129.97)...I figured there was no way they could sell for $70....

Includes the second print of the Forever Evil # 1 3-D too.......hmm.......

It's called reading Ryan.... Try it sometime (said the inner voice to myself) doh!

There was a whole stack of the Harley Quinn 2D standard cover at the LCS I visited. No one touched them. The same with Mr. Freeze and Lobo.

Why would DC print so many standard covers when people want the lenticular covers?

I'm pretty sure all of the 2nd prints are returnable so there is no harm in the shops over ordering.

There was a whole stack of the Harley Quinn 2D standard cover at the LCS I visited. No one touched them. The same with Mr. Freeze ....

Went to 2 LCS. 1 was totally wiped out of week 2 3D comics like week 1's sell out.

My biggest LCS had 2 corner damaged Aquaman/Manta 3D and 2 copies of Owl 3D left. No 3D Harleyquinn, Mr Freeze or Lobos anywhere.

A bit off topic, but does anyone know of a site that has the Animated Issue preview?

I saw this and though it was so cool to watch, and was trying to find the other issues.

That said these books have been very hard to come across. I am not sure any of our shops even ordered the regular editions as everyone was 3D crazy.

The 3rd LCS store I went to today had tons of the 2d covers but were holding the lenticular covers for members. Surprised they have members there since they seem to cater to magic card.

they are holding for their Ebay member to buy them. :gossip:

Bravo on this DC event. At first I didn't think it was going to be this big but sure seeing lots of people in shops around town. Its possible I heard one lcs owner mumbling about 1 per order to a customer ahead of me last week saying he could sell these online for 20 bucks. Makes you wonder why he didn't pull more of his shelf stock and keep.

Hit each Midtown store this morning before 9:30, was able to get all my issues for four working sets. I came back later when staff changed to snag some individual extras. The four that Times Square is old of is Harley Quinn, Mr Freeze ( which was gone by the am), Lobo and Reverse Flash.