• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

ok, had a few minutes, so I put down, in order of least received copies to most received, the 52 titles...naturally this is based on our order, but our order is relatively consistent with general demand...

will be very curious how this list matches up with actual production numbers

lowest quantity we received/will receive, ending with highest quantity at bottom of list:

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #23.1 CREEPER

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #23.2 ECLIPSO

WONDER WOMAN #23.2 FIRST BORN

SWAMP THING #23.1 ARCANE

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.3 SHADOW THIEF

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.2 KILLER FROST

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.1 DEADSHOT

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.3 DIAL E

WONDER WOMAN #23.1 CHEETAH

FLASH #23.3 ROGUES

FLASH #23.2 REVERSE FLASH

FLASH #23.1 GRODD

GREEN LANTERN #23.3 BLACK HAND

GREEN LANTERN #23.2 MONGUL

GREEN LANTERN #23.1 RELIC

GREEN ARROW #23.1 COUNT VERTIGO

AQUAMAN #23.2 OCEAN MASTER

AQUAMAN #23.1 BLACK MANTA

EARTH 2 #15.2 SOLOMON GRUNDY

EARTH 2 #15.1 DESAAD

ACTION COMICS #23.4 METALLO

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.2 LOBO

SUPERMAN #23.3 HEL

TEEN TITANS #23.2 DEATHSTROKE

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.2 MR FREEZE

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.4 JOKERS DAUGHTER (I suspect this one is due to more demand, and lower allocations)

GREEN LANTERN #23.4 SINESTRO

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.3 CLAYFACE

SUPERMAN #23.2 BRAINIAC

SUPERMAN #23.1 BIZARRO

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.4 BLACK ADAM

ACTION COMICS #23.2 ZOD

ACTION COMICS #23.3 LEX LUTHOR

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.1 VENTRILOQUIST

TEEN TITANS #23.1 TRIGON

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.4 MAN BAT

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.4 SECRET SOCIETY

BATMAN ROBIN #23.1 TWO FACE

BATMAN ROBIN #23.2 COURT OF OWLS

BATMAN ROBIN #23.3 RAS AL GHUL

BATMAN ROBIN #23.4 KILLER CROC

SUPERMAN #23.4 PARASITE

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.3 SCARECROW

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.2 HARLEY QUINN

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.1 POISON IVY

ACTION COMICS #23.1 CYBORG SUPERMAN

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.1 DARKSEID

BATMAN #23.4 BANE

BATMAN #23.3 PENGUIN

BATMAN #23.2 RIDDLER

BATMAN #23.1 JOKER

BATMAN SUPERMAN #3.1 DOOMSDAY

Picked up all 13 this week at my LCS. I agree with the others, this week's are a lot better than last weeks covers! I did pick up the second to last copy of both Lobo and Reverse Flash. I really wish I had just pre-ordered all of these three months ago when my shop asked me, haha.

I'm still kicking my self for not reserving them on DCBS.

DCBS has been looking for volunteers to give up their 3D books for a discount on a 2D book.

They also cut everyone who ordered more than one Harley cover to a limit of one.

Source?

They sent me e-mails.

I pre-ordered more than one Harley and was cut down to one copy.

I'm pretty sure the changed my 3D Harley to 2D. Because my order doesn't mention any thing about 3D and I have a .65 credit.

It was the only villan book I ordered.

Picked up all 13 this week at my LCS. I agree with the others, this week's are a lot better than last weeks covers! I did pick up the second to last copy of both Lobo and Reverse Flash. I really wish I had just pre-ordered all of these three months ago when my shop asked me, haha.

DCBS has been looking for volunteers to give up their 3D books for a discount on a 2D book.

They also cut everyone who ordered more than one Harley cover to a limit of one.

Source?

They sent me e-mails.

I'm pretty sure the changed my 3D Harley to 2D. Because my order doesn't mention any thing about 3D and I have a .65 credit.

Bastards just canceled my orders for two Walking Dead books (111 and Image firsts).

Source?

They sent me e-mails.

Bastards just canceled my orders for two Walking Dead books (111 and Image firsts).

??? DCBS ?

Source?

They sent me e-mails.

??? DCBS ?

Those are the bums I am talking about.

I'm about to send off three Forever Evil #1 3D variants. Anybody care to wager what the market will be for 9.8+s?

Depends on how common 9.9+ is with these...

True. I'm no Dre, but I went over these like crazy before deciding to send them in, and I feel like they're better than 9.8s. At least, after comparing them to the the other 3D covers I have, that's my feeling.

It's the main reason I decided to slab instead of flip fast and forever hold my peace.

I'm about to send off three Forever Evil #1 3D variants. Anybody care to wager what the market will be for 9.8+s?

Depends on how common 9.9+ is with these...

True. I'm no Dre, but I went over these like crazy before deciding to send them in, and I feel like they're better than 9.8s. At least, after comparing them to the the other 3D covers I have, that's my feeling.

It's the main reason I decided to slab instead of flip fast and forever hold my peace.

I think you have made the right call , Those are going to have staying power I still need one for my set ... and im pissed I didn't pull the trigger at 99-149

No idea maybe I'll guess 450 in 9.8? Also anyone think getting these SS will look horrible because of the lines?

Was wondering about that for SS, just picked up some signed copies of the 2D version signed by Greg Pak yesterday at FP in Manhattan. Didn't think about getting the 3D signed.

I don't know about you guys, but all my covers have small dents around the staples. I buy from 3 different stores and all the covers are like this. They aren't creases per se, it hard to explain. I'd be worried that this would result in a grade lower than 9.8

Anyone else seeing this?

I don't know about you guys, but all my covers have small dents around the staples. I buy from 3 different stores and all the covers are like this. They aren't creases per se, it hard to explain. I'd be worried that this would result in a grade lower than 9.8

Anyone else seeing this?

Well, I just tried to press them out and it looked like I tried to make a grilled cheese sandwich without the bread!! :cry:

:gossip: (Just kidding, but I bet these special covers can't be pressed)

Anyone else seeing this?

I have a few copies like this and know what you are talking about.

Looks like the Darkseid 3D cover was either just plentiful or less popular locally. The LCS I have my file at has a stack of 10 - 20 sitting on the shelf as of today......

If you look at the list I posted last page, darkseid is near the most produced (thumbs u

Anyone else seeing this?

I have a few copies like this and know what you are talking about.

So not all of your copies are like this?

I looked through every copy of every 3D cover at three different stores and they all seemed to have this affliction!