• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Looks like the Darkseid 3D cover was either just plentiful or less popular locally. The LCS I have my file at has a stack of 10 - 20 sitting on the shelf as of today......

If you look at the list I posted last page, darkseid is near the most produced (thumbs u

Thanks. I just checked it out.

It will be interesting to see which regular book holds its value long term. Right now it looks like Harley Quinn is the early leader, but if Joker's daughter is developed into a bigger player then that will likely end up being the best one.

I don't know about you guys, but all my covers have small dents around the staples. I buy from 3 different stores and all the covers are like this. They aren't creases per se, it hard to explain. I'd be worried that this would result in a grade lower than 9.8

Anyone else seeing this?

I have a few copies like this and know what you are talking about.

So not all of your copies are like this?

I looked through every copy of every 3D cover at three different stores and they all seemed to have this affliction!

The only one of mine that does not is my Harley Quinn.

I don't know about you guys, but all my covers have small dents around the staples. I buy from 3 different stores and all the covers are like this. They aren't creases per se, it hard to explain. I'd be worried that this would result in a grade lower than 9.8

Anyone else seeing this?

I looked through every copy of every 3D cover at three different stores and they all seemed to have this affliction!

The only one of mine that does not is my Harley Quinn.

earlier in this thread it was mentioned the 3D covers suffer from similar problems that other "heavy stock" covers do which is prob the dents/dings you see. I haven't really inspected mine since I don't want to slab them.

Just today I scored 2 extra Lobo,1 extra Deadshot and 1 Mr. Freeze for cover price. I think the owner has more but he is only putting one on the shelf at a time.

From last week's lot they had more Relic/Green Lantern, Count Vertigo/Green Arrow, and Darkseid.

Of course,no Harley Quinn to be found.

I think this one will keep climbing.

+1

Being quite honest, I likely would have skipped this whole event, even though abstractly I think the 3D covers are cool... but once I saw the Harley Quinn cover I knew I wanted one. It's sexy, a fun playful concept and just has a nice visual 'snap' to it that not all of the others do.

i don't think the dent will lower the grades.

I'll bet the Doomsday cover gets gobbled up....only one I've seen tons of is the Riddler...only ones I've seen left from last week is Count Vertigo

This defect looks to be quite common across the board on these. I'm guessing that it will be ok on 9.8's but will keep books with the defects from grading 9.9 and up

I think this one will keep climbing.

+1

Being quite honest, I likely would have skipped this whole event, even though abstractly I think the 3D covers are cool... but once I saw the Harley Quinn cover I knew I wanted one. It's sexy, a fun playful concept and just has a nice visual 'snap' to it that not all of the others do.

+1 Chris Burnham has great energy in his art. I wonder what he is going to work on next since Batman inc. wrapped up.

Anyone else seeing this?

not every book looks like that.

Picked up all 13 this week at my LCS. I agree with the others, this week's are a lot better than last weeks covers! I did pick up the second to last copy of both Lobo and Reverse Flash. I really wish I had just pre-ordered all of these three months ago when my shop asked me, haha.

I'm still kicking my self for not reserving them on DCBS.

DCBS has been looking for volunteers to give up their 3D books for a discount on a 2D book.

They also cut everyone who ordered more than one Harley cover to a limit of one.

Source?

They sent me e-mails.

I pre-ordered more than one Harley and was cut down to one copy.

I'm pretty sure the changed my 3D Harley to 2D. Because my order doesn't mention any thing about 3D and I have a .65 credit.

It was the only villan book I ordered.

Bastards just canceled my orders for two Walking Dead books (111 and Image firsts).

why?