• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Only problem is that with these allocations its not going by order but initial orders going back 3 months, its all goofy the way its been handled. DC had to know these would sell, playing the shocked card now is funny. They are sitting back smiling cause this has fed the hype monster.

They aren't smiling.

They lost money on these books, they couldn't meet demand which means they have upset readers and the reviews for the content of the books have been mixed.

As posted in the Moderns Heating Up thread, Harley looks like it is starting to separate from the pack a bit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Detective-Comics-23-2-Harley-Quinn-3D-NM-2013-DC-Comics-New-52-sold-out-/161104979447?pt=US_Comic_Books&autorefresh=true&hash=item25829ae5f7

I wonder if it will go even higher when the new series comes out?

Its funny how we cant narrow down which books are the most limited yet.

I am still sticking to the print run of the titles from previous issues unless I can find something else more concrete.

I posted a list of low to high on what we are receiving/received a few pages back...and speaking to other stores, I believe my list is pretty accurate...

I guess no one bothered to even look at it (shrug)

Just used it in the last 2 hours to replenish from my LCS. Thanks! (thumbs u

I don't think people can't use a LCS's order list or the print run, to predict which book will become high demand.....a good example is Harley, according to that list, it's in the top ten most printed 3D and yet it's being sold more than any other books. Add to that is the fact the book just came out this week 2c:blahblah::gossip:

Its funny how we cant narrow down which books are the most limited yet.

I am still sticking to the print run of the titles from previous issues unless I can find something else more concrete.

I posted a list of low to high on what we are receiving/received a few pages back...and speaking to other stores, I believe my list is pretty accurate...

I guess no one bothered to even look at it (shrug)

Just used it in the last 2 hours to replenish from my LCS. Thanks! (thumbs u

I don't think people can't use a LCS's order list or the print run, to predict which book will become high demand.....a good example is Harley, according to that list, it's in the top ten most printed 3D and yet it's being sold more than any other books. Add to that is the fact the book just came out this week 2c:blahblah::gossip:

If you get Harley for $20 or less I think it's a good deal. My gut tells me it will go and stay much higher.

ok, had a few minutes, so I put down, in order of least received copies to most received, the 52 titles...naturally this is based on our order, but our order is relatively consistent with general demand...

will be very curious how this list matches up with actual production numbers

lowest quantity we received/will receive, ending with highest quantity at bottom of list:

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #23.1 CREEPER

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #23.2 ECLIPSO

WONDER WOMAN #23.2 FIRST BORN

SWAMP THING #23.1 ARCANE

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.3 SHADOW THIEF

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.2 KILLER FROST

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.1 DEADSHOT

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.3 DIAL E

WONDER WOMAN #23.1 CHEETAH

FLASH #23.3 ROGUES

FLASH #23.2 REVERSE FLASH

FLASH #23.1 GRODD

GREEN LANTERN #23.3 BLACK HAND

GREEN LANTERN #23.2 MONGUL

GREEN LANTERN #23.1 RELIC

GREEN ARROW #23.1 COUNT VERTIGO

AQUAMAN #23.2 OCEAN MASTER

AQUAMAN #23.1 BLACK MANTA

EARTH 2 #15.2 SOLOMON GRUNDY

EARTH 2 #15.1 DESAAD

ACTION COMICS #23.4 METALLO

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.2 LOBO

SUPERMAN #23.3 HEL

TEEN TITANS #23.2 DEATHSTROKE

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.2 MR FREEZE

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.4 JOKERS DAUGHTER (I suspect this one is due to more demand, and lower allocations)

GREEN LANTERN #23.4 SINESTRO

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.3 CLAYFACE

SUPERMAN #23.2 BRAINIAC

SUPERMAN #23.1 BIZARRO

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #7.4 BLACK ADAM

ACTION COMICS #23.2 ZOD

ACTION COMICS #23.3 LEX LUTHOR

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #23.1 VENTRILOQUIST

TEEN TITANS #23.1 TRIGON

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.4 MAN BAT

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.4 SECRET SOCIETY

BATMAN ROBIN #23.1 TWO FACE

BATMAN ROBIN #23.2 COURT OF OWLS

BATMAN ROBIN #23.3 RAS AL GHUL

BATMAN ROBIN #23.4 KILLER CROC

SUPERMAN #23.4 PARASITE

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.3 SCARECROW

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.2 HARLEY QUINN

DETECTIVE COMICS #23.1 POISON IVY

ACTION COMICS #23.1 CYBORG SUPERMAN

JUSTICE LEAGUE #23.1 DARKSEID

BATMAN #23.4 BANE

BATMAN #23.3 PENGUIN

BATMAN #23.2 RIDDLER

BATMAN #23.1 JOKER

BATMAN SUPERMAN #3.1 DOOMSDAY

Thanks!

One of my lcs hardly gets any of these and then for some they are charging between 5.99 and 9.99.

It seems like getting a set of all the week 2 3-D covers under $100 my be a great deal, considering the prices that Harley Quinn, Mr Freeze, Lobo and Reverse Flash are getting on Ebay, individually.

You're right, I'm even considering ending my listing for the Week 2 set I'm offering and breaking it up!

I finally caught in this thread

, so I can post my experience. Whilei am primarily a gold and silver collector I have also been a DC reader since reentering comics back at Crisis . I am more excited about the books this month than anything I can member. I finalky got the chance to get out and visit a few stores on saturday. At the lcs where I have my pull list I had 7 books and got them for a smaller than usual discount, but at least I got them. I went to a new store that a friend opened last year. They were trying to sell their stash for 10 each, but sold me 7 books for cover. Neither store had the 2d issues.

on to a third bigger store. They were sold out of 3d, but had stacks of each in 2d. On to the closest lcs. He had all 13 displayed on his wall with prices from 8 to 15. He also had variants of fe and superman unchained displayed at high prices. Since I am very frugal, I passed on them and quickly left.

I ended up with 10 of the 13 and 4 dupes. Missing Ventriloquist, poison ivy and two face.

So just a quick question about the Harley Quinn 3-D, the Mr. Freeze and Lobo. What are good prices to be paying for these now.

Have two Harleys bought and paid for, just have to pick them up tommorrow ($5.99, $9.99)

One ordered offline for ($9.99 includes shipping)

One Ventriloquest at cover I have to pick up tommorrow,

And checking a few more shops in the area I plan to go to this weekend. How much above cover price would be good on these books since they are hot now, and that would leave some profit over time.

It seems like getting a set of all the week 2 3-D covers under $100 my be a great deal, considering the prices that Harley Quinn, Mr Freeze, Lobo and Reverse Flash are getting on Ebay, individually.

You're right, I'm even considering ending my listing for the Week 2 set I'm offering and breaking it up!

hm

As posted in the Moderns Heating Up thread, Harley looks like it is starting to separate from the pack a bit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Detective-Comics-23-2-Harley-Quinn-3D-NM-2013-DC-Comics-New-52-sold-out-/161104979447?pt=US_Comic_Books&autorefresh=true&hash=item25829ae5f7

I wonder if it will go even higher when the new series comes out?

I sold over 50 Harley Quinn's right off the shelf yesterday for less than cover and some of my subs got for 35% off cover and didn't even get my full invoiced quantity due to a shortage but i should be getting a few more filled next week hm