• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Poor USPS man working that late shift, these 3D covers were just delivered to me:

HarleyFreeze3D_zpsc433bfc7.jpg

:headbang:

That's $425 worth of comics my friend. Good job

i wonder what a group shot of mine would be hm

Do it!

they are all at cgc right now. i counted 60 on the invoices.

60!!!! Dammmmmmmmnnnnn well I hope I get my 10 back before you do lol

I've been re-selling the 3D covers raw at a decent profit now, because I'm thinking the market will be flooded with slabs once they start shipping back from CGC. These aren't that "limited" after all and I'm happy with the small profit I'm making. However, I am stashing at least two each of the more popular ones like Harley, Ventriloquist, Lobo, Deadshot and Freeze just in case slabbing them later makes sense.

Do you guys think these will be in high demand two+ months from now? I'm thinking the fad will pass and it'll be on to the next gimmick.

Poor USPS man working that late shift, these 3D covers were just delivered to me:

HarleyFreeze3D_zpsc433bfc7.jpg

:headbang:

That's $425 worth of comics my friend. Good job

i wonder what a group shot of mine would be hm

Do it!

they are all at cgc right now. i counted 60 on the invoices.

Wait - You subbed roughly 30 of each these? Harley and Freeze?

Or 60 total of all the 3ds for the week?

I've been re-selling the 3D covers raw at a decent profit now, because I'm thinking the market will be flooded with slabs once they start shipping back from CGC. These aren't that "limited" after all and I'm happy with the small profit I'm making. However, I am stashing at least two each of the more popular ones like Harley, Ventriloquist, Lobo, Deadshot and Freeze just in case slabbing them later makes sense.

Do you guys think these will be in high demand two+ months from now? I'm thinking the fad will pass and it'll be on to the next gimmick.

Harley will. Lobo might. I think the FE #1 3D will as well.

Joker most likely will retain value regardless of the print run if there is a demand. I don't know what they are doing with Jokers' Daughter, but I wouldn't be surprised if it commanded a nice price.

I'm just going with my gut on those recomendations.

I think people are confusing the high raw demand against the CGC demand. CGC collectors are a small percentage of the overall market. If people are subbing crazy numbers of these they will probably be sitting on them.

Especially after I kill the market with my low CGC prices. lol

I think people are confusing the high raw demand against the CGC demand. CGC collectors are a small percentage of the overall market. If people are subbing crazy numbers of these they will probably be sitting on them.

:takeit: ^_^

:acclaim: Dre!

:signfunny:

oooh kill 'em!

:hi: Wassup Dre, aka Market Killer, aka Modern Slabs Doomsday! :lol:

This is what I'm thinking too, and I also agree with awakeintheashes on some of these 3D books retaining their demand.

I really hope people aren't betting the farm on these books. They are in high demand, but the print runs are still high. I think they will demand a small premium over regular 9.8 prices, but not much.

bet_the_farm.jpg

I agree. I would take a guess that CGCs represent somewhere between 12% to 17% of high demand moderns sales on the bay and less than that of the average stuff.

When you decide to kill the market, please let us know lol

Ah sanity. Love it when truth comes in from time to time

I'm not buying any more 3-d comics, especially on ebay.

But you guys might be interested in this - Saw it on facebook so if one of your wins please show us the sketch

Screenshot2013-09-14at35815PM_zps32efc79d.png

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-VILLAINS-MONTH-JUSTICE-LEAGUE-23-2-LOBO-3D-COVER-Signed-by-Ben-Oliver-/171124797835?roken=TeTQSi