• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

It's an auction now...let's see where this ends.

Forever Evil #1 3D CGC 9.8

:popcorn:

Wow, and that's a 9.8. I'm still thinking there are going to be 9.9s somewhere out there. It's already higher than I thought it might get. How many are there ?

I thought it was one per store that ordered at least 300 copies of Forever Evil #1

nope...it was initially solicited as a 1:25....then qualifying orders exceeded the number DC produced, so they limited to one per store (all accounts got)....

there are still some out there, that were not distributed, that will make their way into the market sooner or later...

Wow, and that's a 9.8. I'm still thinking there are going to be 9.9s somewhere out there. It's already higher than I thought it might get. How many are there ?

I thought it was one per store that ordered at least 300 copies of Forever Evil #1

nope...it was initially solicited as a 1:25....then qualifying orders exceeded the number DC produced, so they limited to one per store (all accounts got)....

there are still some out there, that were not distributed, that will make their way into the market sooner or later...

Thanks for the clarification.

Plus, they giving these away as premiums for donations of a certain amount to We Can Be Heroes.

The Forever Evil #1 3D variant is available for a $300 donation to We Can Be Heroes.

According to the page, $189.50 of it is tax deductible.It says it's for delivery in December - it also says the book will be signed by Geoff Johns, but there might be a way to ask for it not to be

Some of my week 2 books went into grading today.

Action 23.2, Aquaman 23.1, Batman 23.2, and Batman: The Dark Knight 23.2

32 books - 24 3D, 8 2D - look like all passed 9.8 pre-screen.

mine on saturday, all mine passed as well, not as many 3d's but the forever 1 3d variant passed so im pretty stoked on that.

only 19 covers excluding the forever 1 3d

I don't understand how many of these can be lower that 9.8. Covers are made of plastic so bent corners and creases will be harder to get.

huh?

Plastic is harder than paper.

They damage differently (this was discussed some pages ago in this thread). While the covers are Baltic and May not be subject to bends and tears, the plastic is subject to scratches and scuffs. They are harder to see because of the lenticular covers, but they are definately there.

I can remember what issues it was, but I there was one comic that had the same scratch in the middle of the back cover. It looked like a huge dent but there was no change in the surface.

Wow, over $500.

I don't understand how many of these can be lower that 9.8. Covers are made of plastic so bent corners and creases will be harder to get.

huh?

I saw plenty of copies with corner damage the past few weeks. The books can still take hits, and still be damaged.

The lenticular also is easily damaged and show production issues to boot.

huh?

I saw plenty of copies with corner damage the past few weeks. The books can still take hits, and still be damaged.

Oh...what do you know about grading, Mr. "Beachbum." (tsk)

:jokealert:

huh?

How do you think these will hold up long term ? This seems to be similar tech to the old 3d baseball cards from cereal boxes years ago. A lot of those bent, folded, and cracked. I believe this year is the first time they've used this technology all the way around the comics. I remember the cut out 3d squares attached to the cover but never the entire cover.