• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Just received this email today:

"Dear subscriber,

We're just writing to inform you that due to the high volume of interest in this week's DC Villains Month 3D Books, and the high price on e-bay for some of them, we will be charging an additional $25.99 per 3D comic, and $75.99 per each Joker's Daughter 3D. We don't feel it is fair you make money flipping these on e-bay or the CGC comic chat boards when really it is us who should be making the money. Also, there is a new $21.95 handling charge that has already been charged to your account. This was all addressed in the "terms of service" agreement you clicked "accept" to on March 12, 2009.

If you have any questions or concerns, just yell the really loud out your window until you feel better.

Thank you kindly,

Comics-O-Rama "

That can't be real. Is it?

I was almost positive that this was going to be from Comics America cause that's how they do business.

We do not speak his name

"Dear subscriber,

We're just writing to inform you that due to the high volume of interest in this week's DC Villains Month 3D Books, and the high price on e-bay for some of them, we will be charging an additional $25.99 per 3D comic, and $75.99 per each Joker's Daughter 3D. We don't feel it is fair you make money flipping these on e-bay or the CGC comic chat boards when really it is us who should be making the money. Also, there is a new $21.95 handling charge that has already been charged to your account. This was all addressed in the "terms of service" agreement you clicked "accept" to on March 12, 2009.

If you have any questions or concerns, just yell the really loud out your window until you feel better.

Thank you kindly,

Comics-O-Rama "

That can't be real. Is it?

I was almost positive that this was going to be from Comics America cause that's how they do business.

We do not speak his name

:signfunny:

Well, here I am two days into my three-day camp-out to be first in line at my LCS for tomorrow's "unveiling". Turns out I'm the only one in line so far...

But it's not too bad because people are mistaking me for a vagrant; I've made $4.50 in change so far and half a sandwich! This keeps up and I'll end up earning enough to cover another one of these 3D covers. I love America!

"Dear subscriber,

Thank you kindly,

Comics-O-Rama "

:signfunny: this is the post of the day.

did he forget say>>>> take you business else where!!!! just like MCS owner.

Prices have dropped a little on ebay for a jokers daughter, about 5 to 10 bucks cheaper, let's see if it keeps going down when everyone will get their hands on one tomorrow

It won't cause a lot are not going to be found that were expecting them to for cover. 2c

Prices have dropped a little on ebay for a jokers daughter, about 5 to 10 bucks cheaper, let's see if it keeps going down when everyone will get their hands on one tomorrow

It won't cause a lot are not going to be found that were expecting them to for cover. 2c

That is true, thought about it. I guess try to get them as cheap as you can find them

Has the dumping begun of complete sets (minus joker's daughter).
Harley sales are still strong. Just today on eBay there are quite a few over $20 shipped and I doubt there was a snag of a copy under $15 shipped.

I think Harley will stay strong especially since she has a new series soon. (thumbs u

My LCS just reserved my copy of JD 3D at regular pricing.

The shop a few blocks away will be charging $80 for their JD 3D.

I asked them how come they are not charging more for their copies and they responded saying customer loyalty is more important than some quick bucks.

I :luhv: my LCS

Except people that actually manage to get them tomorrow will likely put them on ebay. You don't have nearly as many listed right now because people don't want to list preorders for a book they might not get.

The prices will hover around 40 or 50 dollars.

fyi, I will be offering a Joker's daughter at retail (along with some other books)...not yet, but sometime soon in the for sale section...

that said, please don't pm me in advance (don't want to spam this thread, just wanted to let folks know)

OMG its none of anyone's business what someone chooses to do or not do with a comic book. Is this Russia? lol

Totally agree. It's wrong to flip so soon, but it's not fair to some people who genuinely just want the book for his/her collection.

fyi, I will be offering a Joker's daughter at retail (along with some other books)...not yet, but sometime soon in the for sale section...

that said, please don't pm me in advance (don't want to spam this thread, just wanted to let folks know)

A great gesture!! I will not buy one as I have a copy reserved and would only buy it to flip.