• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

A boxed set of 2nd prints would be nice. Especially if it has a FE #1 3D. I think I would splurge and get one. If the 2nd prints come bundled then I would pass on them. I am sick of seeing VG/F and F/VF brand new comics on store shelves. I almost want to volunteer at a shop just so I could break the fingers of any clerk I see giving a pile of brand new comics the lobster claw pinch.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

most of the time thats how they come from diamond.

Yeah, it sounds like the Forever Evil is a first print and the rest of the set is second prints.
that is correct...Diamond still has a quantity of "first" print FE 3d that were not distributed to the stores (they choose, instead, to send one per account, versus the 1:25 as FE was solicited)...they quickly realized that a second printing of the 3d covers was in order, and chose to hold back the FE 3ds to marry up with that set (as an incentive, I suppose)...

the only way we will see a second print of the FE 3d is if more 2nd print sets are ordered for Feb, than diamond currently has (on hand) 3d FE...I don't see that happening (just my 2c )

so basically everybody that brought FE 3D ALL GOT SCREWED

That would be nice. Buy all the 3D Villian month covers and get and extra FE 3D for free ^^

FINALLY WEEK ONE SHIPPED!

Let's see what I have -

Action 23.1 - Four 9.8s, One 9.9, One 9.8 2D

Batman 23.1 - Seven 9.8s, 2 9.9s, Four 9.8s 2D, One 9.9 2D (nice)

Batman and Robin 23.1 - Four 9.8s

Batman: The Dark Knight 23.1 - Three 9.8s, Three 9.9s, One 9.8 2D

Forever Evil 1 - Two 9.8s

Forever Evil 1 3D - One 9.8

Forever Evil 1 Ultraman - One 9.8, One 9.9

Forever Evil 1 Superwoman - One 9.9, One 10.0 (nice)

Forever Evil 1 Owlman - One 9.8, One 9.9

Forever Evil Sketch - One 9.8

Detective Comics 23.1 - Six 9.8s, One 9.8 2D

Earth 2 15.1 - Five 9.8s, One 9.8 2D

Flash 23.1 - Five 9.8s, One 9.8 2D

Green Arrow 23.1 - Three 9.8s, One 9.9

Green Lantern 23.1 - Five 9.8s, One 9.8 2D

Justice League 23.1 - Four 9.8s, Two 9.8s 2D

Justice League of America 7.1 - Four 9.8s, One 9.9, One 9.8 2D

Justice League Dark 23.1 - Four 9.8s

Superman 23.1 - Five 9.8s, One 2D

Dre, you are the beast!

Awaiting Dre's Market Killing Sales Thread... :popcorn:

Coming now lol

I looked at your modern sales thread and all I saw was boobs. Lots of boobs. They were very impressive but I was not getting the 3D effect I was looking for.

will 3D boobs be more impressive for you?

Yeah, it sounds like the Forever Evil is a first print and the rest of the set is second prints.
that is correct...Diamond still has a quantity of "first" print FE 3d that were not distributed to the stores (they choose, instead, to send one per account, versus the 1:25 as FE was solicited)...they quickly realized that a second printing of the 3d covers was in order, and chose to hold back the FE 3ds to marry up with that set (as an incentive, I suppose)...

the only way we will see a second print of the FE 3d is if more 2nd print sets are ordered for Feb, than diamond currently has (on hand) 3d FE...I don't see that happening (just my 2c )

so basically everybody that brought FE 3D ALL GOT SCREWED

That would be nice. Buy all the 3D Villian month covers and get and extra FE 3D for free ^^

Keep In mind, I am posting info, that, to the best of my knowledge is correct... but , I obviously don't work for diamond, so sometimes I could erroneously extract info (generally not, but it happens)...

diamond never stated the FE 3d was a one per account only...they initially distributed one per account (so far), but they are not restricted at all on the rest, etc...

folks that overpaid, well, that's on them (thumbs u

A boxed set of 2nd prints would be nice. Especially if it has a FE #1 3D. I think I would splurge and get one. If the 2nd prints come bundled then I would pass on them. I am sick of seeing VG/F and F/VF brand new comics on store shelves. I almost want to volunteer at a shop just so I could break the fingers of any clerk I see giving a pile of brand new comics the lobster claw pinch.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

most of the time thats how they come from diamond.

True and some boxes are damaged by UPS, however, I see clerks mangle comics all the time. I usually hit 4 shops on release day so I know the comics that are damaged by Diamond and the ones that are damaged by clerks.

I stopped going to one shop because they just gave up on protecting the condition of their comics. They would put ripped and corner crunched comics in their file boxes and not let their subscribers swap them out. Subbies would have to pay for the beat up copy and another copy if they wanted one in better condition. They were like, "it takes too much time to handle comics with kid gloves and the ones we put in your file HAVE to be paid for".

They got dropped like a bad habit.

I'm a little surprised that justice league 23.4 is so cheap, I thought with the double allocations it would be rarer then 23.3, and with the scant supply on ebay...is it just that no one has yet realized this and all eyes are on joker's daughter?

FINALLY WEEK ONE SHIPPED!

Let's see what I have -

Action 23.1 - Four 9.8s, One 9.9, One 9.8 2D

Batman 23.1 - Seven 9.8s, 2 9.9s, Four 9.8s 2D, One 9.9 2D (nice)

Batman and Robin 23.1 - Four 9.8s

Batman: The Dark Knight 23.1 - Three 9.8s, Three 9.9s, One 9.8 2D

Forever Evil 1 - Two 9.8s

Forever Evil 1 3D - One 9.8

Forever Evil 1 Ultraman - One 9.8, One 9.9

Forever Evil 1 Superwoman - One 9.9, One 10.0 (nice)

Forever Evil 1 Owlman - One 9.8, One 9.9

Forever Evil Sketch - One 9.8

Detective Comics 23.1 - Six 9.8s, One 9.8 2D

Earth 2 15.1 - Five 9.8s, One 9.8 2D

Flash 23.1 - Five 9.8s, One 9.8 2D

Green Arrow 23.1 - Three 9.8s, One 9.9

Green Lantern 23.1 - Five 9.8s, One 9.8 2D

Justice League 23.1 - Four 9.8s, Two 9.8s 2D

Justice League of America 7.1 - Four 9.8s, One 9.9, One 9.8 2D

Justice League Dark 23.1 - Four 9.8s

Superman 23.1 - Five 9.8s, One 2D

wow. congrats on the 10 and the 9.9's i knew you had one of the batman 9.9's

2 more 9.9's to batman 23.1

Now that the books have all been released, what is the pecking order in terms of value/ scarcity?

If I were to take a stab at it here is what I had the most trouble finding (3D of course):

1. Forever Evil

2. Joker's Daughter

3. Lobo

4. Mr. Freeze

5. Harley Quinn

6. Reverse Flash

7. Dial H

8. Bizarro Superman

9. ???

Anyone else have input on this one?

Switch out Bizarro and put in Clayface, then you will be on the money. (thumbs u

I would say the Aquaman and Wonder Woman are like maybe 9,10,11, and 12 and Flash 13-15.

While no Supermans are hard to find my Doomsday order from DCBS got cut to 1 book just like Harley did.

Here is another question though. Is this for hard to find due to demand or scarcity?

The reason I ask is some of the Bat Villains are tough to find, but not due to scarcity as much as demand.

I've managed to get my hands on five copies of Joker's Daughter #1 3D, thanks in large part to an amazing girlfriend who was willing to run around and make some calls for me while I was stuck at work. The owner of my LCS really came through for me as well, as he somehow managed to find me a copy of the book even though he wasn't supposed to have any extras.

I would say the Aquaman and Wonder Woman are like maybe 9,10,11, and 12 and Flash 13-15.

While no Supermans are hard to find my Doomsday order from DCBS got cut to 1 book just like Harley did.

Here is another question though. Is this for hard to find due to demand or scarcity?

The reason I ask is some of the Bat Villains are tough to find, but not due to scarcity as much as demand.

I'm pretty sure that demand not scarcity pushed Harley over the edge and I think that's great. G.A.tor did a list that I think was pretty accurate about the high and low print runs on the books about 15 to 20 pages back. Harley was toward the middle of the pack.

I am trying to envision how this $199 3D February special will be bound? Any thoughts?

tunnelview_0002_zps67975cf5.jpg[/img]

I don't know but I hope they don't wrap them up like they did the East of West bundles. I bought a pack of 25 and probably got 10 VF , 12 NM, and 3 that are the way I like them.

I am trying to envision how this $199 3D February special will be bound? Any thoughts?

I don't know but I hope they don't wrap them up like they did the East of West bundles. I bought a pack of 25 and probably got 10 VF , 12 NM, and 3 that are the way I like them.

Microwaved? lol

Microwaved? lol

:roflmao:

You are killing me lol