• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

well I'm still making a few bucks on these...I mean they are selling as long as you have them up for only a few dollars over cover...

I don't think they will be cover for a while as there is still demand out there...and still limited quantity...

well I'm still making a few bucks on these...I mean they are selling as long as you have them up for only a few dollars over cover...

I don't think they will be cover for a while as there is still demand out there...and still limited quantity...

+1 especially the Jokers Daughter and Harleys.

well I've also seen no real sales since last week...I'm gonna have 20 issues left over....even the batman 3Ds don't seem to be moving...

Joker's daughter has fallen in price...I don't see what would move the prices up, except a nice big article in a major publication....

People finally started actually reading the Joker's Daughter issue and realized it was all hype.

Sell now before it completely tanks.

Almost tragic that the two 3-D's I was most looking forward to, i.e. Joker and Joker's Daughter, were probably two of the worst I read. Joker might have been the worst. They really wasted a whole issue on an ape.

A whole issue about an ape is NEVER a waste.. :sumo:

Went in for my usual weekly pickup at my LCS, was chatting about how I was one short of a full run (Joker's Daughter) and the staff member says hold on, walked away and came back a minute later with a copy for me :)

I actually insisted they bump the price up and make more money (happy to pay eBay inflated prices since it would go to the store) but was instantly rebuffed and said it was cover price :whee:

They did warn me it was a terrible read but to enjoy nonetheless lol

Okay, that's a little strange. Why not just donate money to the store then, whether you're getting something or not???

Went in for my usual weekly pickup at my LCS, was chatting about how I was one short of a full run (Joker's Daughter) and the staff member says hold on, walked away and came back a minute later with a copy for me :)

I actually insisted they bump the price up and make more money (happy to pay eBay inflated prices since it would go to the store) but was instantly rebuffed and said it was cover price :whee:

Okay, that's a little strange. Why not just donate money to the store then, whether you're getting something or not???

I've done that in the past with the store actually. They were selling limited edtion prints for the CBLDF and I bought one and donated it back so they could raise more money. Donating the extra money for the 3D cover would be the same as if they'd charged me more which they weren't having any of, so I bought some back issues.

First and foremost, the store helped me out, regardless of price in completing my set. All the staff are very knowledgable, friendly with varied tastes, cater towards any special requests I have for my pull list, so I'm always appreciative visiting there, as I'm sure they are for my custom.

The store turning away extra profit was just the cherry on top :) I just found it to be a great experience and refreshing.

Do people think the 3-D covers are going to yield lots of 10.0 grades?

That stiffer material is pretty conducive to keeping a book minty mint.

Already starting to see them pop up graded on ebay....

if not 10's, 9.9's will be plentiful. 14 already for batman 23.1

Do people think the 3-D covers are going to yield lots of 10.0 grades?

That stiffer material is pretty conducive to keeping a book minty mint.

Already starting to see them pop up graded on ebay....

if not 10's, 9.9's will be plentiful. 14 already for batman 23.1

This was my thinking in the beginning. Then there were scuffs, scratches, dents, and staple bumps and I started wondering if I was wrong. These things were well made.

Good pickups today from a local dealer:

Joker's Daughter-$40

Harley Quinn-$20

Dial E-$20

Lobo-$12

Monsieur Freeze-$12

Claybrain-$12

Nice picks my friend. I thought some of these would trickle back in to comic shops by now but I'm not seeing them. That Dial E book is most interesting for me. I think people are going to want these in sets long term and I think that and the Jokers daughter are going to be the thorns among the roses.

I've done that in the past with the store actually. They were selling limited edtion prints for the CBLDF and I bought one and donated it back so they could raise more money. Donating the extra money for the 3D cover would be the same as if they'd charged me more which they weren't having any of, so I bought some back issues.

First and foremost, the store helped me out, regardless of price in completing my set. All the staff are very knowledgable, friendly with varied tastes, cater towards any special requests I have for my pull list, so I'm always appreciative visiting there, as I'm sure they are for my custom.

The store turning away extra profit was just the cherry on top :) I just found it to be a great experience and refreshing.

Sounds like a pretty awesome store. I don't think I would ever donate money to them, but I would deffinetly make sure to make that the first store I went to if I was looking for something/get a subscription there/recomend it to people/etc.

Good pickups today from a local dealer:

Joker's Daughter-$40

Harley Quinn-$20

Dial E-$20

Lobo-$12

Monsieur Freeze-$12

Claybrain-$12

Nice picks my friend. I thought some of these would trickle back in to comic shops by now but I'm not seeing them. That Dial E book is most interesting for me. I think people are going to want these in sets long term and I think that and the Jokers daughter are going to be the thorns among the roses.

Got these from a home dealer, not from a shop. But ya, even he said that he was drying up with some of these titles.

I enjoyed chasing this set for the sake of the chase, and I have enjoyed flipping the books, but the only only one that has really grabbed me is Dial E. To my eye it's the most dynamic cover with the best use of the effect. Plus IT'S BRIAN BOLLAND IN 3-D. Bolland rules. This is the only one I'm keeping in my personal collection. I think it's purty. The fact that it became one of the hotter books is just amusing icing on the cake.

so last week I was putting together "my" set and the "stores" set , and reaized that for whatever reason, I had forgotten to pull dial e for the sets....

I am using the store set to give away at our black Friday sale (promotion)....and once I get my 2nd print set, I will sell my 1st print set (both sets have the FE 3d)...

luckily we still had some on the shelf at the time but I almost blew it lol

a question for the folks in this thread....was just discussing with a customer about my set....

as stated, I am going to be giving one set away at my store on black Friday (including the FE 3d variant)....so, to "offset" that promotional cost to me, I am going to sell my complete set (also with a FE 3d variant)...

now, in this case, I want to sell for closer to FMV versus retail, simply to defer cost of my second set...so, my question to the group is, what is FMV...I have not sold a single issue above retail, and generally don't pay attention to modern prices... ebay is a cluster you know what, so asking my fellow boardies for some help, and in return, I will offer the set here to the boards!