• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

Sub $200 Forever Evil #1 3D keep getting snatched up as soon as they're listed.

They seem to be doing better than the Star Wars sketches so far. I would have thought the other way around but there is a lot of talk about these today and it seems to be picking up. You were right, this is fun to watch. :grin:

(thumbs u :popcorn:

that's chicken

I disagree Jason.

my name is on my posts.

Chicken is posting from a position of anonymity.

1st, I'm hardly anonymous. This is my screen name on most boards I frequent. It's my first initial and last name.

2nd, what makes you think I was posting about anything you posted? Maybe it's chicken the guy got his books early, maybe it's because someone used anonymity to send you his info, maybe it's you for calling retailers in his zip code. Maybe the covers being allocated is chicken. Maybe this entire blown out of proportion situation and the fact that its turned into this is chicken.

3rd, I wasn't talking to you or about your posts.

4th, be a stand up fella and apologize for your poor attempt at calling me out.

5th, anyone think #4 will happen? I don't.

Thanks,

Jason

I'm hardly anonymous.

I know. I called you Jason. Remember.

Was that person actually dumb enough to post what store he bought the books from?

doesn't diamond take away a stores retailer discount for doing that?

The boardie is well known. His adress & email was DM'd to me.

I plugged his zip into the comic shop locator service.

seven shops came up.

I know one of the owners.

I called him. We figured out the account easy.

I saved the post.

Sent it to DC. Sent it to Diamond. Sent it to Bleeding Cool.

Diamond could take away their Tuesday delivery for a period of time, which will certainly take away youchooseme's Tuesday delivery time for a period.

Without receipt, this is pretty much a he said she said thing. plugging in an address to find the zip and then playing guess who to find out? Anybody can post pictures of items and say they got it from a store. Granted there are posts but that can be fabricated to set up another store if you really wanted to. For example, someone near Larry's store could post picture outside his shop on Tuesday with Wednesday batch and be " thanks Larry for hooking it up a day before"

I agree. he wants to get some comic shop in trouble because the only proof he has are pictures. congrats larry.

From what I have read it isn't Larry who got his shop in trouble. It was someone posting pics showing what they had before the day of sale.(Bragging in my opinion.) Had the pictures never been posted there wouldn't be an issue here.

Right and wrong here is pretty black and white. If the store is dumb enough to break the policy then they deserve what they get. Quit arguing with stupid what ifs. How many people need to tell you what you/they did was wrong?

I did brag. Stupid move. I just hope he get's the right shop in trouble.

Shouldn't you have said:

I did brag. Stupid move. I just hope my actions get the right shop in trouble.

Or something...

Was that person actually dumb enough to post what store he bought the books from?

seven shops came up.

I saved the post.

Diamond could take away their Tuesday delivery for a period of time, which will certainly take away youchooseme's Tuesday delivery time for a period.

Without receipt, this is pretty much a he said she said thing. plugging in an address to find the zip and then playing guess who to find out? Anybody can post pictures of items and say they got it from a store. Granted there are posts but that can be fabricated to set up another store if you really wanted to. For example, someone near Larry's store could post picture outside his shop on Tuesday with Wednesday batch and be " thanks Larry for hooking it up a day before"

I agree. he wants to get some comic shop in trouble because the only proof he has are pictures. congrats larry.

From what I have read it isn't Larry who got his shop in trouble. It was someone posting pics showing what they had before the day of sale.(Bragging in my opinion.) Had the pictures never been posted there wouldn't be an issue here.

Right and wrong here is pretty black and white. If the store is dumb enough to break the policy then they deserve what they get. Quit arguing with stupid what ifs. How many people need to tell you what you/they did was wrong?

Shouldn't you have said:

Or something...

Sure.

seven shops came up.

I saved the post.

Shouldn't you have said:

Or something...

Sure.

I don't know either of you well but I seriously doubt this will ever happen again. I think the point has been made and the lesson taught. Maybe time to move on and forgive and forget ? Just a thought.

I don't know either of you well but I seriously doubt this will ever happen again. I think the point has been made and the lesson taught. Maybe time to move on and forgive and forget ? Just a thought.

I agree, this whole thing is...irritating. Message board arguing for all to see, hooray.

Got the ones I wanted, and picked up a couple others because they looked a lot cooler than I expected. My LCS only had Deadshot for subscribers. The others didn't seem to be a big problem. They were still unpacking the books when I got there, 30 minutes before they close :grin:

New in commenting, yes. New as in reading the comments for the last 7 or 8 years ? lol

ahhhh, ok. then you should know better when it comes to one particular member lol

True but I'm always hoping for the best. I'm always writing stuff that I regret because it might not read the way I was thinking it lol

New in commenting, yes. New as in reading the comments for the last 7 or 8 years ? lol

ahhhh, ok. then you should know better when it comes to one particular member lol

Unlike The Authority I am just plain old new...though I am starting to pick up on the bigger personalities out here, heh.

Unlike The Authority I am just plain old new...though I am starting to pick up on the bigger personalities out here, heh.

I wish I was plain old new at something...or even halfway new lol

Got the ones I wanted, and picked up a couple others because they looked a lot cooler than I expected. My LCS only had Deadshot for subscribers. The others didn't seem to be a big problem. They were still unpacking the books when I got there, 30 minutes before they close :grin:

Glad there were some left for you (thumbs u

Glad there were some left for you (thumbs u

Yeah, I don't think this whole 3D thing was as big of a cataclysm as people thought.

Maybe in some markets it was, but the shop I went to was dead, and others in the area have copies available for most of the titles.

My LCS had enough Batman, Superman and Action Comics to fulfill the subscribers only. On all the other covers they were short and could only fulfill about 30% - 50% of their subscription orders.

I still managed to get 10 out of 12 that were on my pull list. I had to get the 2D versions of Green Lantern and JLA. I don't read JL Dark which was the 13th for this week.