• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's Villain Month 3D Covers

2,249 posts in this topic

mine lets me come in on tuesday, pull my copies, bag them and then place them back into my file for Wed. Great customer service.

One of mine does the same thing. I like to stop by after work on Tuesday and ensure my pulls are sorted (especially with the way Diamond/UPS have been handling boxes lately.)

For these 3d covers, I still wasn't able to get all of them due to the fact that I don't sub all the titles involved and didn't have priority on a few of them.

Grabbed my copies today.

th_SDC10076.jpgth_SDC10074.jpgth_SDC10075.jpgth_SDC10073.jpgth_SDC10071.jpg

Another scumbag retailer breaking street date.

Why should you care (shrug)

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Truth!

( and I'm all over this today )

Larry needs to worry about Larry's Comics and not worry about what you can't control.

I seldom take Larry's side or the other side but totally agree with him here. Unless the retailer has special permission to open shop early it is hurting them. Imagine if comics were sold on any day they were received in.

Think of it outside the comic world. Look at movie releases in theaters...clearly they get the movie ready for projection prior to the FRIDAY screen time...so what if mom and pop decide to show it tuesday-thursday...they have effectively taken money from the other theaters locally.

rantrant

Thanks for understanding.

We are a very small, self-policing industry.

The shops in GA are sorting this out now.

Not that its any of my business as some boardies just love to pick fights just to troll, but I wholeheartedly agree with Larry. If you want to pick up 1 or 2 extra to resell, that's fine, but buying everything and selling it early is a real dirtbag move in my opinion. Some of us like the hobby and aren't trying to make crazy $$ off of speculation. I just feel bad for the people that genuinely want to get the issue to read but it's all gone and they basically get bent over a barrel online because some jerk bought the entire shipment.

Grabbed my copies today.

I think it has to do with the fact that comic retailers agree to sell on wednesday. This helps promote a level playing field amongst all retailers. Breaking street date is against the rules and can get a account put in a bad situation. Posting pictures of early purchases can actually get your LCS in trouble with Diamond. We had this happen locally once.

It is similar to the VCC rules here on the boards that states all sales start at a certain time. If sellers sell early, they are undermining the system in place. Why participate if you are going to on the rules.

Truth!

Larry needs to worry about Larry's Comics and not worry about what you can't control.

I seldom take Larry's side or the other side but totally agree with him here. Unless the retailer has special permission to open shop early it is hurting them. Imagine if comics were sold on any day they were received in.

Think of it outside the comic world. Look at movie releases in theaters...clearly they get the movie ready for projection prior to the FRIDAY screen time...so what if mom and pop decide to show it tuesday-thursday...they have effectively taken money from the other theaters locally.

rantrant

Thanks for understanding.

We are a very small, self-policing industry.

The shops in GA are sorting this out now.

Not that its any of my business as some boardies just love to pick fights just to troll, but I wholeheartedly agree with Larry. If you want to pick up 1 or 2 extra to resell, that's fine, but buying everything and selling it early is a real dirtbag move in my opinion. Some of us like the hobby and aren't trying to make crazy $$ off of speculation. I just feel bad for the people that genuinely want to get the issue to read but it's all gone and they basically get bent over a barrel online because some jerk bought the entire shipment.

Unless you don't pre-order your books, this shouldn't happen. I pre-order at least 10 of every issue so that I don't take away from other people's opportunity to purchase books.

Grabbed my copies today.

Truth!

rantrant

This is standard in a lot of industries. Movies, Music, Gaming.

The penalties for breaking street date can be pretty severe for independent retailers.

I can't be the only person here who spends $1000's each month and has a good relationship with their comic book store and pre-orders at least 10 copies of each issue weekly to get the opportunity to choose the best copies available 2 hours before wednesday. I am positive other people on this board who sell a lot slabs pay for this luxury.

That "luxury" is prohibited in our industry.

At least you admit that you feel entitled to special treatment.

And thank you for out right admitting publicly that it's an ongoing arrangement.

The offending retailer obviously feels threatened by the other seven shops in your zip code area in GA & feel the need to level the playing field by breaking the rules.

A scumbag move.

The retailer might not be able to extend the courtesy early purchase shortly.

:)

I wonder if Ventriloquist was hot because of confusion with Joker's Daughter and Dark Knight 23.2.

Maybe but from what I've heard, some of this stuff is short printed compared to something like the Joker cover. Limited doesn't create demand but if the demand for sets is there, I could see this being the reason.

Grabbed my copies today.

Truth!

rantrant

The penalties for breaking street date can be pretty severe for independent retailers.

I can't be the only person here who spends $1000's each month and has a good relationship with their comic book store and pre-orders at least 10 copies of each issue weekly to get the opportunity to choose the best copies available 2 hours before wednesday. I am positive other people on this board who sell a lot slabs pay for this luxury.

And thank you for out right admitting publicly that it's an ongoing arrangement.

The offending retailer obviously feels threatened by the other seven shops in your zip code area in GA & feel the need to level the playing field by breaking the rules.

A scumbag move.

Let me add that every store (at least in my area) had their shipments drastically cut so for that retailer to put 10 copies away for you, I'm almost certain someone, or 9 someones got shafted because of the special arrangement. I got my measly 1, and asked them for 1 more joker if they could spare. I guess that's all us peasants get.

Grabbed my copies today.

Truth!

rantrant

A scumbag move.

Cool then, I wish you the best. I guess I'll find out next week if I can't then.

Let me add that every store (at least in my area) had their shipments drastically cut so for that retailer to put 10 copies away for you, I'm almost certain someone, or 9 someones got shafted because of the special arrangement. I got my measly 1, and asked them for 1 more joker if they could spare. I guess that's all us peasants get.

I'm sorry that happened to you. He was shorted, but not on the issues I preorderd. Just so you understand, he would normally order 20, but ordered 30 because I preordered 10 and because he wasn't shorted the issues that came in, the other people that wanted them got their copy or copies.

I was the first customer at my shop today (not on purpose), and they were completely out of JLA (went to subscribers). Not sure if this will be a trend, but figured I'd update you with what I saw.

The Ventriloquist cover looks pretty cool and a lot of people I talked to since mentioned they were seeking that one out.

I liked Relic and Count Vertigo also. One comic shop here had 10 different covers and another had their entire run set aside for pull lists subs.

I've heard good things about the Relic book. Also, the JLA/Deadshot book is written by Matt Kint and is a Suicide Squad lead-in, IIRC. I've heard good things about the content of that book as well.

Of course the JLA/Deadshot was gone. Oh well, wading into the bay now...

the deadshot jla 7.1 was the most allocated book of them all...

I was the first customer at my shop today (not on purpose), and they were completely out of JLA (went to subscribers). Not sure if this will be a trend, but figured I'd update you with what I saw.

The Ventriloquist cover looks pretty cool and a lot of people I talked to since mentioned they were seeking that one out.

I liked Relic and Count Vertigo also. One comic shop here had 10 different covers and another had their entire run set aside for pull lists subs.

I've heard good things about the Relic book. Also, the JLA/Deadshot book is written by Matt Kint and is a Suicide Squad lead-in, IIRC. I've heard good things about the content of that book as well.

Of course the JLA/Deadshot was gone. Oh well, wading into the bay now...

the deadshot jla 7.1 was the most allocated book of them all...

Thanks

I wonder if Ventriloquist was hot because of confusion with Joker's Daughter and Dark Knight 23.2.

Maybe but from what I've heard, some of this stuff is short printed compared to something like the Joker cover. Limited doesn't create demand but if the demand for sets is there, I could see this being the reason.

I still have a bunch of ventroliquist on the shelf...but we are a big batman selling store, so I got decent (like 60%) allocations on this title...