• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED!

37 posts in this topic

Yeah I'll second the patience. There's less thruput of viewers here compared to ebay. But more viewers are potential buyers (does that make sense).

So give it at least a weekend (Sunday always seems to be the evening with the most people browsing the sales thread).

Also showing pictures helps.

Here are your pictures from flickr:

9673339192_0862358290.jpg

9673339158_948dfe0815.jpg

9670111941_25c7b46275.jpg

9670111943_f4a072bef4.jpg

Flickr compresses, so I cant link to the big scans, but its a start.

Menus typically sell more of what is pictured than what is just listed, so pictures in the sales thread always help.

Hello All,

Not sure if no one is interested in Batman, Disney, both, or if people are financially strapped, as I...I am open to trades, also:

I will trade up (I can add money), and would like to trade for an Amazing Fantasy 15 or a nice Detective Comics/Batman. Feel free to send me something, that you think I may be interested in, but again, I only want to trade up. I don't mind trading one for one or both for one (even throwing in money with my 2 comics for your 1), if it is worth it.

Please include pics and any relevant information.

Ron

Okay...last drop. $1,675 for Detective Comics #34 (I pay Paypal and Shipping to US/Canada) and $995 for Walt Disney Comics and Stories #1 (I pay Paypal and Shipping to US/Canada).

Again, I am also open to trades:

I will trade up (I can add money), and would like to trade for an Amazing Fantasy 15 or a nice Detective Comics/Batman. Feel free to send me something, that you think I may be interested in, but again, I only want to trade up. I don't mind trading one for one or both for one (even throwing in money with my 2 comics for your 1), if it is worth it.

Please include pics and any relevant information.

Ron

Hi. Ron is a great seller. I bought his coverless Action #8 from this thread and his communication was excellent with quick delivery. And I loved reading the book! And if anyone has a full cover or back cover to Action #8 they want to sell, let me know. I have a front cover only.

David.

Board,

I find it hard to believe that there are no Batman or Disney fans out there...if there is something blatantly incorrect, with my listing, please let me know.

Pricewise, I haven't seen either of these going for cheaper than this...

$2,500 is not much more than what I have in them, and I am going to pay for the Paypal fees and Shipping...I don't know what else I can do.

I don't know, so I am going to try on Ebay.

Thanks to all for looking,

Ron

Don't let a no-sale get you down on selling here!

As on eBay, sometimes it's the luck of the draw here, too. You need the right books, at the right time, with precisely the right buyer(s) shopping the boards during your sale.

I've listed sure-fire sellers (to me) that wouldn't sell, and stuff that I thought very few people would want which sold immediately. Re-list the same books again, and watch the results reverse themselves. Marketplaces are funny like that, but so it goes.

Don't blame ya for going to eBay with these -- but please keep 'em coming here, too!

(thumbs u

Board,

I find it hard to believe that there are no Batman or Disney fans out there...if there is something blatantly incorrect, with my listing, please let me know.

Pricewise, I haven't seen either of these going for cheaper than this...

$2,500 is not much more than what I have in them, and I am going to pay for the Paypal fees and Shipping...I don't know what else I can do.

I don't know, so I am going to try on Ebay.

Thanks to all for looking,

Ron

Those are really nice books. Sorry it didn't have much luck here. Most of the time I don't have much luck but I still try here.

I agree. I get discouraged easily, and my first couple of sales threads here were like graveyards so I almost gave up. But sometimes you get the right books, at the right time, with the right prices and it works.

I bat around .500 with my sales threads and I am getting used to some of them emitting the chirping of crickets without going into a deep depression lol

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate the feedback and encouragement. I suppose all of the stars do have to align (right book, right buyer, right price, and the right time)...

The Surgeon spoiled me and allowed me to sell my first "board" book within a few hours of posting it!

Thanks, again,

Ron

I agree 100% with what others have said. Try out e-bay for a couple weeks and then come back and try to sell the books as individual books. Sometimes it's all in the title wording and getting people excited about big ticket books like the ones your selling. Key books always seem to sell so good luck.