• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this some sort of joke? Crime Suspenstories 22

18 posts in this topic

I recall years ago a thread concerning a silver age Marvel western with a big crease that size getting a 7.0, and while I was in the camp that thought it should have been graded lower, the book looked otherwise NM, and opinion was split.

This book wouldn't be a 7.0 without the crease due to the piece out and the added crease next to it. With that big crease a 5.0 is pushing it.

Lousy grading it was it is, no matter who does it. If someone were trying to sell it as a raw 7.0, the boards would be shredding them.

I have a few slabbed books that I bought already slabbed. I would never submit any of my books to be slabbed. The only reason I have not taken the slabbed books out of the plastic coffin is because they are high grade and everybody knows if you take a high grade book out of its plastic coffin, it is worth a billion times less.

I have NEVER liked cgc and never will. The grading of this book is deplorable. But you all should see the Action 1, the cgc geniuses graded a Good + and it was obviously a fair.

I am the same person that stirred up trouble on here a couple of years ago with my Anti cgc thread. I made a lot of enemies but to my surprise a lot of people agreed with me.

I think my biggest problem with cgc is that they have made the condition of a book more important than the book itself and I strongly disagree with that.

I think my biggest problem with cgc is that they have made the condition of a book more important than the book itself and I strongly disagree with that.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. "More important than the book itself" = "More important than the content of the book" hm

For what it's worth, I now only submit if restoration is suspected.

(thumbs u I only submit if I want them graded and encapsulated in a sturdy, shiny holder.

(thumbs u I only submit if I want them graded.

I submit even if I don't want them graded. Beat that!

(worship)

(thumbs u I only submit if I want them graded.

I submit even if I don't want them graded. Beat that!

I submit only so I can crack them out and "free" them when they get back...