• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Would You Do In This Situation?

99 posts in this topic

I don't think I am. What I am entitled to is the book I won at auction, paid for, and never received. I busted him selling the same book, and he admitted to it. He then offered to send the book, which I then said I would repay him for if and when I get it, and now he's sent a different one.

In your communication with the seller with this second purchase, were you clear on wanting the VF/NM book? Honestly, from reading and rereading your posting, I'm not exactly clear on what is going on with this second book. It was listed a a F copy and you received a F copy, correct?

In the future, if a deal goes bad, I think it is best to just walk away and not deal with the other party again. I've made this mistake and never again.

No, there was no second purchase. I had already opened a case, and got a refund because I never received my comic. When I busted him selling my book again (The VF/NM copy), which he freely admitted to, that's when I left negative feedback for him. Then he told me the second buyer never payed for it, and that he would be sending me that very book. While my book was listed the second time he also had a Fn copy for sale. Which is the book I received yesterday. Not the 9.0 I was promised. He didn't even bother to change the bag and board that had "Fn - $21.99" written on it. The agreement was that he would send me the book I won at auction originally, I would pay the original purchase price minus shipping, and revise my feedback. Well, he didn't send me the VF/NM, he sent the Fn. Like I said earlier, if he had done what he promised none of this would even be up for discussion. Basically he owes me a $136.00 book, and he's trying to buy me off with a $32.00 book. I don't know how much clearer I can make it for you. It's pretty simple really.

He asked if there was any way to make it up to me so that I would revise my feedback, and I gave him a few suggestions. Turns out the "new" buyer never paid (Or so he says.), and he was going to send me my book. I said that would be fine, and I would even repay him the original amount (Minus shipping to make up for all the hassle).

How do you revise feedback once final?

He asked if there was any way to make it up to me so that I would revise my feedback, and I gave him a few suggestions. Turns out the "new" buyer never paid (Or so he says.), and he was going to send me my book. I said that would be fine, and I would even repay him the original amount (Minus shipping to make up for all the hassle).

How do you revise feedback once final?

There are hyperlinks you can click on the seller's feedback page that say, "Revise feedback", "Respond to feedback left", etc. You just click one of those, and do what you need to.

There are hyperlinks you can click on the seller's feedback page that say, "Revise feedback", "Respond to feedback left", etc. You just click one of those, and do what you need to.

Thanks. I see it now.

Yep. See, I basically wrote this book off. It wasn't until I left negative feedback that the seller contacted me, and tried to make amends. Someone else had left negative feedback, and with mine their seller rating was rapidly dropping. This guy sells almost a hundred books a week, but hardly has any feedback compared to his listings. Which I find quite odd. The feedback he does have seems to come from only a few buyers as well. It's a shame, because he's had some amazing books that I really would have bid on otherwise.

Your mistake was dealing with him a second time after you initially saw he re-listed the book. I think you should just leave the negative feedback or revise it stating he sent you the wrong book on purpose. Then never buy from him again.

Sucks when you give a person a second chance and the still try to scam you.

Scam is such an ugly word, and I never posted that I thought he had done so. I think Shadroch was the first person in the thread to use that term. What I really think happened was that an eBay newbie listed some great comics, and instead of starting the price at a fair value, he started them all at $.99. People were reluctant to bid on his books because of his location, and low feedback, and that's how I got the VF/NM so cheap. No one was bidding on it, or his other books. So then the seller is left to ship all these comics he's sold for much less than they're worth, and just never shipped them to avoid the loss. He probably gave other people the same story he gave me, that they were lost in the mail, and refunded some, while others opened cases and got refunded from eBay. When I busted him selling the same book again, that's when the story changed to, "Oh, yeah it's your book, but was returned along with many others that had improper tracking numbers." Which he was free to re-list. Now that his feedback had grown, people were starting to take notice of his comics, and paying, in some cases, the hundreds of dollars they were worth. If you check the feedback he has though, and look at the dates for when the item ended, and the dates of when the feedback was left, in some cases it's months apart. So he's obviously stringing his earlier buyers along until they give up or ask for a refund. Now that his books are selling for their approximate value, he's actually shipping them to happy customers, but he's up to six negatives and six neutrals now. Which can be painful to an eBay seller. So he's clutching at straws to make these go away. Anyway, it's been too long since the original transaction for me to revise feedback. All I could do was follow up on feedback left which was, "Never sent item. Now exact same book is for sale again. Avoid!" by saying, "Received a F (6.0) comic, but not the one I won at auction that was VF/NM (9.0)". That's the best I can do for the guy.

so wait a sec, i got thrown off ebay because 2 media mail packages showed up 2 days after ebay's estimated delivery time despite 1300+ perfect feedback and almost perfect "item as describeds" and this guy is wheeling and dealing out of poland with no consequences?

so wait a sec, i got thrown off ebay because 2 media mail packages showed up 2 days after ebay's estimated delivery time despite 1300+ perfect feedback and almost perfect "item as describeds" and this guy is wheeling and dealing out of poland with no consequences?

I seriously doubt you were thrown off eBay for two negative feedbacks. Can you be a little more specific on what really happened?

I seriously doubt you were thrown off eBay for two negative feedbacks. Can you be a little more specific on what really happened?

Link.

the other one or two "slow shippings" got to their destination BEFORE ebay's estimated time for arrival (at this point i'm fuzzy on whether it was 1 or 2). pretty sure it was 4 slow shippings over 1 year, 98 transactions (but only 1 or 2 after ebay's estimaed arrival time), something like that, got me over 4% in the slow shipping department. it's the two i'm talking about that put me in the danger zone i guess.

and I had NO NEGATIVES (a negative had been withdrawn --due to no negotiation on my behalf, the buyer decided after the fact that he had been wrong to leave it)

let's not be so quick to imply that someone here must be a liar because, seriously, ebay is run by a bunch of fukking saints?

yeah, i know, the rant is OT, but it was useful for a little bit of extra income and my wife is pizzed off at me for letting some comic fanboy jerk blow up the account

Scam is such an ugly word, and I never posted that I thought he had done so. I think Shadroch was the first person in the thread to use that term. What I really think happened was that an eBay newbie listed some great comics, and instead of starting the price at a fair value, he started them all at $.99. People were reluctant to bid on his books because of his location, and low feedback, and that's how I got the VF/NM so cheap. No one was bidding on it, or his other books. So then the seller is left to ship all these comics he's sold for much less than they're worth, and just never shipped them to avoid the loss. He probably gave other people the same story he gave me, that they were lost in the mail, and refunded some, while others opened cases and got refunded from eBay. When I busted him selling the same book again, that's when the story changed to, "Oh, yeah it's your book, but was returned along with many others that had improper tracking numbers." Which he was free to re-list. Now that his feedback had grown, people were starting to take notice of his comics, and paying, in some cases, the hundreds of dollars they were worth. If you check the feedback he has though, and look at the dates for when the item ended, and the dates of when the feedback was left, in some cases it's months apart. So he's obviously stringing his earlier buyers along until they give up or ask for a refund. Now that his books are selling for their approximate value, he's actually shipping them to happy customers, but he's up to six negatives and six neutrals now. Which can be painful to an eBay seller. So he's clutching at straws to make these go away. Anyway, it's been too long since the original transaction for me to revise feedback. All I could do was follow up on feedback left which was, "Never sent item. Now exact same book is for sale again. Avoid!" by saying, "Received a F (6.0) comic, but not the one I won at auction that was VF/NM (9.0)". That's the best I can do for the guy.

You might return the book you have of his that you have not paid for. I just don't see any justification for you keeping it. As far as I can tell, you are not into it for shipping or anything. I don't see how the sellers actions are any excuse for you to keep this book.

I don't understand why everyone is turning this on you. Doesn't seem like you did anything wrong.

Like a few said before. Keep the book, leave the negative feedback and don't pay.

Plus one, and I would consider the matter closed. It's not worth any more of your time.

You might return the book you have of his that you have not paid for. I just don't see any justification for you keeping it. As far as I can tell, you are not into it for shipping or anything. I don't see how the sellers actions are any excuse for you to keep this book.

The OP already said earlier in the thread that he would have no problem returning the book if the seller paid for return shipping. If the seller doesn't want to pay it, then the OP shouldn't be obligated to lose money on return shipping for a book he didn't originally purchase.

The OP already said earlier in the thread that he would have no problem returning the book if the seller paid for return shipping. If the seller doesn't want to pay it, then the OP shouldn't be obligated to lose money on return shipping for a book he didn't originally purchase.

The OP has not stated he offered the seller this option.

I got a message from him today. He doesn't want the book. He only cares about getting the feedback revised, but it's been too long since the original transaction to revise it now. eBay wouldn't let me revise it even if he had sent my original book. I don't really want the book either. At least not in this grade. Why should I spend my money shipping it back to him? I mean where am I at fault here? I did my part when the auction ended, and paid him within seconds. Anyone can see my eBay feedback at any time. Same user name I have here. I rarely sell my comics, but when I do they go out immediately, and are packed to get there in the same condition as when they left. No seller has ever had to wait for my payment either. If you would take the time to read my feedback you would see that I'm a seller's dream. I am not the root of the problem with this transaction, the seller is. If you're so concerned about this poor seller, Shadroc, why don't you buy the comic for his asking price of $21.99. Send me proof of payment to unicomic, then pay me for shipping, and I'll get it to you for the exact amount of shipping method of your choice. I'll even put it in a brand new mylar and board for you. Think of it as your good deed for the day. :baiting: