• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enough of the Harley hate already

24 posts in this topic

I didn't know what anyone was talking about so I clicked a link and see a Twitter argument between Mark Waid and Gail Simone. Without knowing anything about the comic (or caring), Mark Waid sounds like a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces. He compared comic book suicide jokes to actually killing a real life rabbit, and then said Harley Quinn isn't a cartoon. Well then, what exactly is she? A REAL GIRL?? doh!

EDIT: no, what he actually did was claim that Harley Quinn is "real."

He said "cartoon" Harley is like Roger Rabbit, "Real" Harley is like a real rabbit.

lol

I knew fans get like that, but actual creators? He of all people should know none of that mess matters. I mean, of course it's in the publisher's best interest to not offend their customers, but whatever they do to a character can be undone just as easily. And even if it's not, who cares? They aren't real people. They're lines on paper. The tone didn't sound enough "Suicide is not a joke and I'm offended at suicide jokes being in comics" and too much "Harley is a real girl, if you cut her she bleeds like you and me!"

doh! I thought this was about Harley Yee. I was going to get all up into someones grill for hatin' the big Harley. lol
I thought it was about Harvey comics because I didn't look at the title close enough.
I thought it was about Harvey Lee who supposedly had a dealer booth at Comicpalooza back in May.