• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What 80's series needs to be reprinted?

44 posts in this topic

I would love to get the rest of 80s Marvel GI JOE. They only reprinted issues 1-50 and then just stopped. That leaves me 105 issues, 28 Special Missions issues and some other random stuff short of a complete collection. I would love to see the complete Nam also.

Have they ever reprinted al those classic X-Men backup stories? I remember kinda liking them for the most part.

Scourge of the Underworld Captain America run. I thought that was really good at the time.

Spectre by Ostrander for sure.

Sectaurs would be a must (is anyone still awake?)

Never read the Question except the new series which I thought was one of the best books of the year when it came out.

Have they ever reprinted al those classic X-Men backup stories? I remember kinda liking them for the most part.

Scourge of the Underworld Captain America run. I thought that was really good at the time.

Spectre by Ostrander for sure.

Sectaurs would be a must (is anyone still awake?)

Never read the Question except the new series which I thought was one of the best books of the year when it came out.

A few years back, there was a trade paperback reprinting the Classic X-Men backups by Chris Claremont and John Bolton.

Yeah, the Scourge of the Underworld saga would make a great trade... although I don't think there's enough interest to get Marvel to do one.

Spectre by Ostrander seems like a must to me. I mean, DC did a series of trades of the Starman comics and I thought Spectre was just as good, if not better.

I'll pass on Sectaurs, although I'd love it if they'd reprint Crystar and Rom.

Mike B.

Ms. Tree. I've got a couple of the issues but I'd like to read more.

Roger Stern Dr. Strange. People say it's great but I've yet to read it.

Byrne Hulk & She Hulk

NAM (and a big chunk of it too, not just 4 issues)

West Coast Avengers

Stuff I loved (but I doubt I'd buy as a trade since I got them in comic form)

Byrne Alpha Flight

Roger Stern FF (which took place after Byrne's)

Roger Stern Avengers Run, especially Assault on Olympus story arc after the Mansion Siege.

Micheline Spider-Man

Peter David Spider-Man

More Stern Spider-Man (especially the Juggernaut story)

Evolutionary War

Byrne Alpha Flight Vol. 1 has been out for several months and Marvel did a trade paperback several years ago reprinting the Juggernaut stories by Stern.

I've not read a lot of the Evolutionary War, but I seem to remember what I read was fairly good, so that one seems like a natural choice. Since we got the entire Galactic Storm storyline (wow, I never saw that one coming, especially since they've STILL not reprinted great classics like Starlin's Warlock, Byrne's Marvel Team-Ups, all of Master of Kung Fu... I could go on and on), maybe that one is at least being considered.

Mike B.

I'm also STILL pushing for a trade paperback reprint of the Trial of the Flash, where Flash killed Reverse Flash and then had to go on trial for it. It's my favorite run of the Flash series, with great Cary Bates stories and beautiful Carmine Infantino art.

Mike B.

Did Marvel ever reprint Strikeforce: Morituri? That would be one for my wish list.

And how about Marvel's "New Universe" titles? Don't laugh, there was some good stuff there among the wreckage!

How about Miracleman????

Yeah, I know it was reprinted once, but the trades are just as much $$$ as putting together the whole run.

I sure wish McSpidey and Gaiman could get this worked out.

i'd love to see quadrant reprinted, hsu was an amazing artist. all the early aircel books and as has been mentioned, rocketeer! also i'd love to see a collection of the horrible tmnt knock offs! PRE TEEN DIRTY GENE KUNG FU KANGAROOS!

Never seen it in person.

Come to my apartment, I'll show it to you. (What sux about it is that it doesn't reprint the complete issues. It omits alot of the pages that have to do with Peter's social life to pack in more Hobgoblin goodness.)

Did Marvel ever reprint Strikeforce: Morituri? That would be one for my wish list.

And how about Marvel's "New Universe" titles? Don't laugh, there was some good stuff there among the wreckage!

It may happen, Gene..... DP7 Classic Vol 1 tpb came out about a month ago.

The Stern stories I really want to see reprinted are the 1st Hobgoblin arc - from 238-250. There was a trade published 20 years ago, but I've never seen it.

c58da2c008a0c3b0f589a010._AA240_.L.jpg

There you go! (thumbs u

The Hobgoblin story you really need to read is 'Hobgoblin Lives', the late 90s story bt Stern that finishes the Hobgoblin story the way Stern intended.

The Hobgoblin story you really need to read is 'Hobgoblin Lives', the late 90s story bt Stern that finishes the Hobgoblin story the way Stern intended.

Yes, that was pretty decent (I own two pages from the series), but perhaps a little too much time had passed under the bridge at the time... however there were a few decent attempts at a follow-up in the core Spider-Man titles at the time. It was interesting to see Kingsley/Hobgoblin being confronted by the man he "ripped off" - Norman Osborne.

And I know Bradley is following the recent return of the original Hobgoblin in the pages of Spider-Girl.