• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watchmen vs. DKR ---- SPOILER CITY BABY!!!!!

108 posts in this topic

Hurray, almost 24 hours since my last post with no response from Chrisco! I win the debate!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

poke2.gif

Couldn't respond. Home PC went on the fritz while I was on vacation. frustrated.giffrown.gif

Suuuuuuure it did. More likely you were struggling in the grip of reason and could not think of a decent response to my posts. yay.gifpoke2.gif

I think your Neverending Dissertation™ put him into a deep sleep... coma-like, if you will.

I never suspected that three whole paragraphs would be considered a dissertation, but with the ever-eroding state of education in this country, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the (slightly) younger folk feel this way. tongue.gif

Hurray, almost 24 hours since my last post with no response from Chrisco! I win the debate!

poke2.gif

Couldn't respond. Home PC went on the fritz while I was on vacation. frustrated.giffrown.gif

Suuuuuuure it did. More likely you were struggling in the grip of reason and could not think of a decent response to my posts. yay.gifpoke2.gif

I think your Neverending Dissertation™ put him into a deep sleep... coma-like, if you will.

I never suspected that three whole paragraphs would be considered a dissertation, but with the ever-eroding state of education in this country, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the (slightly) younger folk feel this way. tongue.gif

Grandpa? Were you talking? Sorry, I must have dozed off...

poke2.gif

Are you saying I nailed your grandmother? Ewwwwww.... screwy.gif

poke2.gif

poke2.gif

Are you saying I nailed your grandmother? Ewwwwww.... screwy.gif

poke2.gif

Look, let's not turn this into a matrilocal flame-fest... after all, your grandma's teeth are so yellow, when she smiles traffic slows down.

They announced them, and some of them were on display in Chicago in 2000 (with a "Coming in 2001" sign) but they were cancelled because Moore didn't approve them.

Alan also nixed the planned Anniversary hardcover edition. He's not very fond of DC, even though he works for them at Wildstorm.

Look, let's not turn this into a matrilocal flame-fest... after all, your grandma's teeth are so yellow, when she smiles traffic slows down.

Your grandmother is so ugly, they push her face into dough to make gorilla cookies. yay.gif

http://www.alanmoorefansite.com/faq/wathc.html

Additionally, Watchmen action figures were planned. "The plan is to do some action figures, a full assortment of all the main players," says Gibbons. "We actually broached the idea of action figures of these characteres in the comic itself. In a sense, it seems to fit quite well."

Moore wasn't entirely enthused concerning the project. "They're going to celebrate 15 glorious years of Watchmen," Moore said. "I guess we missed the 10th anniversary. Your guess is as good as mine as to why it's happening now. Fifteen years is not one of the magic numbers when it comes to anniversaries, is it? What's that for a wedding anniversary? The carbonite anniversary?"

Rather than publish the Watchmen hardcover against the wishes of the creators, DC chose to cancel the project out of respect for the creators. "DC initiated plans for a fifteenth anniversary celebration of Watchmen in collaboration with Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons," DC said in their press release. "Subsequently, they've informed us that they'd prefer not to participate and it wouldn't be a party without them. Therefore, DC will not proceed with its previously announced plans for a Watchmen hardcover or Watchmen action figures."

I saw a Dr. Manhatten figure for sale at a show. The guy selling them had made figures using other characters.

I believe Manhatten was made using The Vision as a base. They were quite kool,but he was asking $30 to $50 each.

I passed on them,as did most people.He had a super Nexus,some ten iches tall,but wanted $100 for it.I bought a Miracleman statue instead for the same price.

Creative, but way too expensive, even for a one-of-a-kind item. We have a local fellow who designs mini-busts and maquettes of his own characters and special orders, but he's quite pricey. They look great though.

Your grandmother is so ugly, they push her face into dough to make gorilla cookies. yay.gif

Your grandmother is so fat, when she hauls asss it takes her two trips. popcorn.gif

Your grandmother is so fat, when she hauls asss it takes her two trips. popcorn.gif

You granny so fat...She stepped on the dog`s tail and we had to change his name to "Beaver". 27_laughing.gif

Your grandmother is so fat, when she stepped on a scale, the dial read "DAMN."