• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Eisenberg as Lex Luthor!!!?????

This movie has shown me the absolute worst casting decisions I can comprehend. I cannot sit idly by anymore. I'm almost at the point where I hope this move bombs, which is so very sad because of the potential. The actors are all good, (Gadot is ok) but the Batman, Luthor, and WW roles are head scratchers. Hopefully they will pull it off, but as of now, I'm officially indifferent at best. No longer rooting for this movie.

Bryan Cranston would have been THE BEST Lex Luthor, hands down. Eisenberg does not look nor act like a super villian, just a d-bag as Zuckerberg.

Before seeing a Rosenbaum Luthor I'd never have thought that would have been a wise casting choice....that said....I can see a bald Eisenberg working it.

Wouldn't have been my 1st choice but you gotta say it's been one surprise after another with the cast. A for effort with fooling the fanboys to DC/WB for sure. I would have bust a nut however if Cranston got the job.....I can see him filling out Luthor's shoes easily.

Has absolutely been a surprise, just not sure if it's a good one. Surprising fanboys is one thing but I'm not sure this is that, I mean, really? Affleck, Gadot, Eisenberg. I jusy dont know, Affleck has the chops to pull of Wayne/Batman, Gadot is a pretty face, she needs to bulk up and I'm not sold on her acting. Eisenberg hasn't shown me the depth I need to see to pull off Lex Luthor, he may be a good actor, but I'm having a hard time as respecting him as Lex Luthor.....

now i do wonder who is the second villain for the film

I'm wondering the same thing.

And I hope they do not waste Dwayne Johnson on a one-movie villain role like Doomsday. That guy is just too high-profile to allow this to happen.

Plus, he will kill everyone anyway.

rock1.jpg

Off the top of my head, Metallo would be an interesting choice. Not the sexiest name in villainy, but he's a big threat to Supes, and it would help justify Batman being around. "I can't get near him, go shove a batarang up his , Bruce". Work in some malarkey about Lex building metallo to bring it all together.

And I hope they do not waste Dwayne Johnson on a one-movie villain role like Doomsday. That guy is just too high-profile to allow this to happen.

rock1.jpg

638320-uxas_now_darkseid.gif

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

rock1.jpg

Darkseid looks like a reject from the Village People there.

Am I the only one who isn't shocked in the least by this?

Seems like a great, but obvious choice to me.

Everybody and their brother knows that Snyder has been heavily influenced by SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT and SUPERMAN: SECRET ORIGIN.

9wij.jpg

rock1.jpg

Yep.

Just Darkseid.

:)

-slym

Everybody and their brother knows that Snyder has been heavily influenced by SUPERMAN: BIRTHRIGHT and SUPERMAN: SECRET ORIGIN.

9wij.jpg

nice

9wij.jpg

nice

Well son of a gun. I had no idea.

:applause:

9wij.jpg

nice

Same here.

Maybe Snyder is on to something hm

9wij.jpg

nice

Same here.

Maybe Snyder is on to something hm

same boat i got to read both books