• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

i do think that WB/DC moving the focuses more on other people instead of nolan can only help them.
I'm not sure I agree with this. hm

i know i don't. this is the kind of thinking that was around centuries ago: let's take michelangelo off the sistine chapel and bring in earl scheib.

i do think that WB/DC moving the focuses more on other people instead of nolan can only help them.

I have concerns with that thought process which has been mentioned in the past few articles. You have a creative team that knocked the ball out of the park, and established a $2.5 billion franchise.

5quTIkM.png

And you appease Snyder by ignoring the successful creative team? That would be slightly Hollywood-nutty. Which means it is probably true.

The more I think about this, I have a feeling that is exactly what is going on.

I have concerns with that thought process which has been mentioned in the past few articles. You have a creative team that knocked the ball out of the park, and established a $2.5 billion franchise.

ZkQcwak.png

And you appease Snyder by ignoring the successful creative team? That would slightly Hollywood-nutty. Which means it is probably true.

It just reminds if 1993 or so.

...where Tim Burton went to a WB meeting to discuss his vision for Batman Forever* and they decided they weren't interested and went with another director.

Look how that turned out. :eek:

Just because Affleck had a Best Picture doesn't mean he's most qualified for this. Kevin Costner had the same acclaim in 1990 with Dances With Wolves and still made The Postman.

Nolan and Goyer earned my trust. They were doing great things in 2005 while Marvel was still churning out Elektras and Fantastic Fours.

*from the Batman Returns commentary - available on DVD and Blu Ray. :)

Just because Affleck had a Best Picture doesn't mean he's most qualified for this. Kevin Costner had the same acclaim in 1990 with Dances With Wolves and still made The Postman.

:cry:

I love that book! How they messed it up so badly in a movie is beyond a cinema crime. Heads should roll!

:sumo:

ZkQcwak.png

And you appease Snyder by ignoring the successful creative team? That would be slightly Hollywood-nutty. Which means it is probably true.

don't get me wrong it was a good thing to have Nolan name in it but at the same time it was Nolan/Goyer vision and not Snyder which i think we going to see it in BvS and JL. Nolan did help set up the new universe but is time let other people names to be in the for front Nolan name would most likely still be in the credits.

5quTIkM.png

don't get me wrong it was a good thing to have Nolan name in it but at the same time it was Nolan/Goyer vision and not Snyder which i think we going to see it in BvS and JL. Nolan did help set up the new universe but is time let other people names to be in the for front Nolan name would most likely still be in the credits.

I do understand. I just think dismissing the creative team that knocked out $2.5 billion for a company wouldn't be one I would move along too quickly.

But I do agree that have another creative team getting a chance to succeed is fair. Where this ride takes us, we shall see.

:wishluck:

5quTIkM.png

I do understand. I just think dismissing the creative team that knocked out $2.5 billion for a company wouldn't be one I would move along too quickly.

But I do agree that have another creative team getting a chance to succeed is fair. Where this ride takes us, we shall see.

:wishluck:

they have goyer overlooking everything along with johns from the looks of it. but don't rely on one team they going to bring hopefully some great creative teams. look at Marvel Kevin over looks everything and brings new creative teams for each film.

they have goyer overlooking everything along with johns from the looks of it. but don't rely on one team they going to bring hopefully some great creative teams. look at Marvel Kevin over looks everything and brings new creative teams for each film.

I'd love to find out more about the creative teams planned.

That article about Affleck potentially taking on JLA/JLI was interesting. Especially in pointing out how this could be a very large leap for him at this time to take on something so massive. Budget-wise, he has definitely dealt with large productions. 'The Town" was $154,026,136 and 'Argo' was $232,325,503.

I would see Thor 3 fitting in that slot before Iron Man 4. Loki ruling Asgard with Executioner and Enchantress as his right hand man and woman.

Hmmmmmmm. Interesting.

i could see that more then just another iron man movie.

I love Norse mythology anyway, so Thor would be high on the list.

What does it say? I clicked the link and it locked my computer up, so I couldn't read anything having to do with DC.

:sorry:

-slym

Dwayne Johnson joked around on a post about John Stewart being able to punch out Superman - before the DC movie news came out.