• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

And stop saying "I'm not going to see it" we all know you're going to see it anyway.

Fanboys ruin everything.

I am not going to see it in the theatre. I think that is what most people here have said, not that they won't watch it at all. Hell, it is worth the $1 Redbox fee just to laugh at, if it's terrible.

-slym

Fanboys need to understand that movie studios don't make superhero films just for them.

They're making them for general audiences (fanboys are in the minority)

And they're not going to listen to fanboys about casting.

And stop saying "I'm not going to see it" we all know you're going to see it anyway.

Fanboys ruin everything.

Its because of Fanboys they added the famous Sam Jackson line in Snakes on a plane

And how many people saw Snakes on a Plane?

ape_waving_hand_hg_clr.gif

So,no one saw it then lol

Was the movie targeted toward fanboys or general audiences?

Was this a comic book first? If not, then this statement is irrelevant, IMHO. If it was a comic, then I rescind my statement and apologise.

-slym

Edited by slym2none

How Affleck was called, brought down to the studio to be convinced, and how they then prepared him for the fan reaction.

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms!!

lol

:applause: I love how a bunch of lines from that movie, including the Phantoms one, comes from the commentary from Mallrats. I don't usually listen to the commentary on DVD/blu-ray, because a lot of actors and directors are usually incredibly boring to listen to. But those guys ripping each other on Mallrats is classic. :grin:

what do you think about it?

Bryan Singer talks about "Man of Steel"

I think he answered in a way it wasn't a bashing or detracting from the final results. And any director can say they would have gone down a different path.

But the "used to be friends" seems interesting. And some of the comments to that interview picked up on that.

I was expecting an intensely menacing genre actor, but in retrospect the casting of docilely calculating Eisenberg leaves me refreshingly surprised and wondering what the film makers are gonna do with the character now.
Same here :popcorn:

Okay, I'm with you fellas.

Oh. Marvelfangirl. Sorry.

:baiting:

I was expecting an intensely menacing genre actor, but in retrospect the casting of docilely calculating Eisenberg leaves me refreshingly surprised and wondering what the film makers are gonna do with the character now.
Same here :popcorn:

Okay, I'm with you fellas.

Oh. Marvelfangirl. Sorry.

lol

I'm may like Marvel more,but I still want WB/DC to do well movie wise.

lol

I'm may like Marvel more,but I still want WB/DC to do well movie wise.

We all should be cheering for some solid comic book movies from both DC and Marvel. It only helps the hobby, and makes the rest of the characters more interesting to studios.

I understand that folks on here want Warner Bros. to hear them "Roar" on the interweb over casting, but... we... have... to... wait... to see the actual finished product first.

I remember when I thought the casting of the wonderful Halle Berry was a great idea for "Catwoman". Even though I respected Heath Ledger's body of films, I didn't think he could carry a summer blockbuster as a villain. I originally thought the costumes in Thor looked stoopid from the trailer.

Etc, etc. :)

I understand that folks on here want Warner Bros. to hear them "Roar" on the interweb over casting, but... we... have... to... wait... to see the actual finished product first.

I remember when I thought the casting of the wonderful Halle Berry was a great idea for "Catwoman". Even though I respected Heath Ledger's body of films, I didn't think he could carry a summer blockbuster as a villain. I originally thought the costumes in Thor looked stoopid from the trailer.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

Don't forget Anne Hathaway as Catwoman (she's too skinny )

How Warner Is Rebranding 'Batman Vs. Superman'

Very interesting article on leadership changes tied to the film, the pressure going on behind the scenes to move this forward, and how this will change the overall franchise approach.

Terrio’s and Affleck’s working relationship from Argo no doubt played a big role in the selection of the writer to step in and take over scripting the film. And Affleck’s own work as a filmmaker means he’s bringing a lot of creative input to the proceedings — but this is still Snyder’s film, as the press release pointedly says. So we have the names Snyder, Terrio, and Affleck now front and center in the public presentation of this project, after the prior film’s focus on Nolan, Goyer, and Snyder.