• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Addresses Green Lantern Rumors

Earlier tonight, Johnson responded to IGN’s article by tweeting, “All I said was.. #LanternCanWhupSuperman RT: @IGN: Did @TheRock reveal that he’s playing John Stewart/Green Lantern?” While Johnson seems to be dismissing the suggestion that he’s hinting at upcoming role by simply using a hashtag, it’s not exactly a denial that he’ll be playing the character.

I have a feeling he very much knew what he was tweeting. Maybe the next few weeks will tell the real tale.

Wish there wasn't such a need to cast well-known actors to better built international grosses. I like Dwayne Johnson, but he's in way too many franchises. The Gal Gabot/Fast&Furious connection alone with him is kinda meh .

After Affleck, they should stick with unknowns, that can grow with the franchise while building on their roles making them their own (The Avengers).

It's way too distracting to see a bunch of familiar faces in one of the kind of movies (Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, etc). My 2c

After Affleck, they should stick with unknowns, that can grow with the franchise while building on their roles making them their own (The Avengers).

If they can find the right hungry young actors for these roles, I very much agree. They also come with no previous movie baggage where when you see them, you are forced to think of other roles each time.

If they can find the right hungry young actors for these roles, I very much agree. They also come with no previous movie baggage where when you see them, you are forced to think of other roles each time.

yeah i do agree also but if the actor can bring their vision to life if his known or not is still ok with me.

I like the thinking here. I just hope they pull it off. And I would love to see the creative teams keeping the overall universe in synch across "Arrow" and any other TV shows that relate to the topic.

I'm not sure if "Constantine", "Sandman" and "Dark Universe" fits in with that plan. If anything, they are more Vertigo Universe material.

I like the thinking here. I just hope they pull it off. And I would love to see the creative teams keeping the overall universe in synch across "Arrow" and any other TV shows that relate to the topic.

I'm not sure if "Constantine", "Sandman" and "Dark Universe" fits in with that plan. If anything, they are more Vertigo Universe material.

it would be nice for them to have the TV show play a part of the movie universe but don't force it.

it would be nice for them to have the TV show play a part of the movie universe but don't force it.

You're right. It will feel fake if they have to force a mention of something in the movie within the TV show or vice versa.

"Oliver Queen: That Superman fella put a real beatdown on Batman, didn't he?"

"John Diggle: Well, yeah. What brings that up?"

"Oliver Queen: I'm not sure. It just felt right to mention them."

:P

You're right. It will feel fake if they have to force a mention of something in the movie within the TV show or vice versa.

"Oliver Queen: That Superman fella put a real beatdown on Batman, didn't he?"

"John Diggle: Well, yeah. What brings that up?"

"Oliver Queen: I'm not sure. It just felt right to mention them."

:P

or it could go like this

Diggle: Oliver have you seen the news lately?

Oliver: No

Diggle: is about Metropolis half of the city was destroyed in a invasion

Oliver: who save the city from the invasion?

Diggle: they call him superman...when need to do something to help rebuild the city.

This could be an interesting take hm :

Just Who Exactly is Lex Luthor in Superman vs Batman

yeah i read it last night but is some of the people in the comment section said that is pretty much how the story would go. but i don't like that he would be a self made business man who is street tough and has a tattoo.

This could be an interesting take hm :

Just Who Exactly is Lex Luthor in Superman vs Batman

yeah i read it last night but is some of the people in the comment section said that is pretty much how the story would go. but i don't like that he would be a self made business man who is street tough and has a tattoo.

Reading the comments, there is a feeling this may or may not happen. But it is an interesting approach.

Well, it looks like the rumored Marvel movie to come out at the same time as Batman vs Superman may end up being Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' To Face 'Batman Vs. Superman' In 2016

To me, that says GotG 1 may be a pending hit if they are already talking about a follow-up. As a minimum, I'd love to see two solid comic-based movies in 2016. I don't care what company owns the rights.

:wishluck:

Well, it looks like the rumored Marvel movie to come out at the same time as Batman vs Superman may end up being Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' To Face 'Batman Vs. Superman' In 2016

To me, that says GotG 1 may be a pending hit if they are already talking about a follow-up. As a minimum, I'd love to see two solid comic-based movies in 2016. I don't care what company owns the rights.

:wishluck:

Marvel/Disney is playing Chicken with WB/DC.