• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

If you want your timepiece to make a statement, and for that statement to be ‘I love Batman and Superman’ then you’ll love these Police watches. The attention to detail is impressive and it’s also extremely functional with dates and time hands all over the face. Be warned though; it is a little heavy on the wrist!

:whee:

What's really great to see in addition to the DC/Warner movies is how this is leading to really nice looking toys for kids to get introduced to these characters.

19" BvS figures and the 1970's blue-gray Batman figure.

2rW9Fa8.png

BQrVTcZ.png

Then you have the 6" BvS, DC TV (The Flash, Arrow) series. And now the Dark Knight Returns figures with Batman, Superman, Robin and Bat Gang.

DIJYG6t.png

Walmart was putting up new figures today, which included the Nightmare Batman figure (now called 'Blast Attack Batman'). I notice the original Aquaman that came out last month with tattoos has a non-tattoo version now with green stripes pants and silver armor.

LRLXTr8.png

Now if you are into the smaller figures so your shelves are not clogged up, Mattel has the Batman v Superman Mighty Minis that you purchase in mystery packages.

Etr645P.png

I was going to purchase a few after reading about them online. Luckily I also read there is a way to determine what figure is in the package ahead of time. Underneath the UPC there is a stamped letter. It can be very difficult to read at times. Depending on which one you need, here are the keys.

I = Superman

J = Armored Batman

K = Gold Superman

N = Kryptonian Superman (black-gray costume)

O = Kryptonite Batman (black armor with green details)

P = Batman (standard design)

Q = Wonder Woman (standard colors design)

R = Aquaman

S = Lex Luthor armored suit

U = Gold Wonder Woman

I gave it a try and sure enough K and U worked.

2h0miOr.png

This is OUTRAGEOUS! Outrageous I tell you! Aquaman should be blond, not dark! What next!?! A super model as Wonder Woman!?! OUTRAGEOUS! :sumo:

They actually had 12" action figures with a traditional Aquaman design. It looked really sharp, though not much articulation.

I think you better go for the BvS Mighty Mini Wonder Woman. She's more beefcake for you.

:baiting:

This is OUTRAGEOUS! Outrageous I tell you! Aquaman should be blond, not dark! What next!?! A super model as Wonder Woman!?! OUTRAGEOUS! :sumo:

They actually had 12" action figures with a traditional Aquaman design. It looked really sharp, though not much articulation.

I think you better go for the BvS Mighty Mini Wonder Woman. She's more beefcake for you.

:baiting:

BEEFCAKE!!!! lol

Nah, I quite like Gal Gadot :) Despite what her critics say ;)

It looks like one fellow in the audience brought his Superman cereal box to be signed.

:o

Was it an unopened box of cereal? It wouldn't be worth anything if the box was opened... ;)

It looks like one fellow in the audience brought his Superman cereal box to be signed.

:o

Was it an unopened box of cereal? It wouldn't be worth anything if the box was opened... ;)

lol

And it is so true.

:ohnoez:

Ben Affleck and Zack Snyder Talk What's At Stake for WB

Ben Affleck on Warner's direction and commitment.

Look, in the broad sense, from a long-term portfolio perspective, Warner Bros. has already won. They own this vast under exploited [intellectual property] that is DC. They're going to make all these movies regardless. Will every DC movie be great and be successful? No. Would it be good if "BvS" works for them? Yes, obviously. But if any one of the movies doesn't work, it doesn't mean it all goes away. "Green Lantern" didn't work, and Green Lantern is going to come back and work for them. Zack spent two years of his life on this movie, and we put in months and months. We are truly, deeply invested in this movie. We want the movie to be good. We want to be proud of it. I want to make a movie that my kids think is cool. It's not just us punching the corporate clock. You know, you get up at 5 and go to work at 6 in the morning and put on the suit. It's not particularly fun and sexy to roll around in a rubber suit fighting a stunt guy.

Zack Snyder on Watchmen, Man of Steel and Deadpool.

t's interesting. When I had my initial meeting with Chris Nolan about doing "Man of Steel," he said to me, "'Watchmen' is a movie you made too early." Because that movie was written deep into comic-book culture, as a way of exploring the why of heroes within pop culture. "Deadpool" shows that audiences have now gotten to the point where they can understand the satire of the genre. Before that, audiences were like, "I'm not ready for that. I'm not there yet."

‘Batman v Superman’ Advance Ticket Sales Pacing Ahead Of ‘Deadpool’, ‘Avengers’ & ‘Furious 7’

Latest word on advance ticket sales for Warner Bros’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice per various sources is that they’re outstripping 20th Century Fox’s Deadpool (opening weekend $132.4M), The Avengers ($207.4M) and Universal’s Furious 7 ($147.1M) two weeks prior to their stateside releases.

One non-Warner Bros analyst has the figure between $20M-$25M, which isn’t that far from where The Dark Knight Rises’ advance ticket sales were before it debuted to $160.9M. Anything above a $152M three-day would make Zack Snyder’s Dark Knight/Son of Jor-temp-03714.dngEl fusion the biggest pre-summer opening. Besting Furious 7, would make BvS, the biggest Easter and April debut of all time. Last we checked, the global bow is between $300M-$340M, and stateside could reach $140M. BsS will play in 4DX, 3D, PLF and Imax, the latter for three weeks.