• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here they are !

30 posts in this topic

These books from the Wizard First collection launches the all-new CGC Graded System, created with Wizard for collectors! Wizard has worked with CGC to create this exciting new grading system using half point grades only, and going all the way up through 10.0. This means the elusive grade is now a 9.5! This is the biggest change in comics grading since CGC launched back in 1997.

yeahok.gif

These books from the Wizard First collection launches the all-new CGC Graded System, created with Wizard for collectors! Wizard has worked with CGC to create this exciting new grading system using half point grades only, and going all the way up through 10.0. This means the elusive grade is now a 9.5! This is the biggest change in comics grading since CGC launched back in 1997.

yeahok.gif

And you know what? No one at CGC will ever be convinced that this was a bad idea as long as it keeps making them money. This idea makes taking graders notes and letter grades off the slabs seem ingenious.

True, OG, so, so true. You can add Wizard to the (short) list of people/companies that won't lose money on this deal - no matter how bad it tanks.

It's the "infotekkollectibles" and, even more so, their unwitting vicitms - er, I mean customers - who will pay the freight.

This one didn't sell for $49.99 and it had Quesada's signature on it.

LINK

What no Green Label for this book? Wizard First= screwy.gif

Why would it have a green label? Quesada signed the slab, not the book.

Has the Wizard First idea actually taken off? I never see them on EBay and have heard virtually nothing about them. Does anyone here own one (I hope not)? As soon as I saw them advertised I figured the idea would tank and slowly fade away. Then again, maybe it's too much to hope that the general public has learned their lesson about manufactured collectibles. confused-smiley-013.gif

Has the Wizard First idea actually taken off? I never see them on EBay and have heard virtually nothing about them. Does anyone here own one (I hope not)? As soon as I saw them advertised I figured the idea would tank and slowly fade away. Then again, maybe it's too much to hope that the general public has learned their lesson about manufactured collectibles. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll wager it stays around for a while and then fades away.

For those who buy them, 893crossfingers-thumb.gif!!!

Uh, I'm pretty sure CGC didn't launch until 2000. It might have been talked about in 1997, but wasn't up and running until early 2000.

confused-smiley-013.gif