• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drag cartoons 27??

20 posts in this topic

I finally looked around on that nostromania site and some prices definitely seem steep. whats the story with drag cartoons 27? ive never heard of this issue let alone that its worth 150,000?? is that accurate?

No.

I finally looked around on that nostromania site and some prices definitely seem steep. whats the story with drag cartoons 27? ive never heard of this issue let alone that its worth 150,000?? is that accurate?

Yes, that is accurate. It's a really tough issue. I'm not sure that there are any in the CGC census.

Because I like you, I'm willing to sell you my absolutely gorgeous copy for only $60,000 though. I can post a scan if you want.

:)

I'd rather have issue 24,Herman and the Count drag racing the Dragula. :headbang:

They race a cross-dressing Dracula? :o

Fffffffftttttt!!! Cross dressing pervos weren't allowed to poison young minds in those days. Count Dragula was the prominently featured hot rodding host in early issues of Drag Cartoons:

DragCartoons1.jpg

DragCartoons2.jpg

DragCartoons3-1.jpg

DragCartoons7.jpg

20-10-201181202PM.jpg

20-10-201181207PM.jpg

DragCartoons8-1.jpg

20-10-201181226PM.jpg

20-10-201181233PM.jpg

Let me tell you that my mind was already well and truly stoked by the antics of such luminaries as Count Dragula, Temple McFlathead, Ollie Oliie Overhead and "Big Daddy" Roth well before the first issue of Warren's Creepy magazine hit the newsstands! Heeeee, heeee!

:insane:

I'd rather have issue 24,Herman and the Count drag racing the Dragula. :headbang:

Cool! I have a newsstand fresh double of that issue available for sale or preferably trade for select other early to mid-sixties magazines in similar condition:

013_zps5898207b.jpg

:cool:

Cool! I have a newsstand fresh double of that issue available for sale or preferably trade for select other early to mid-sixties magazines in similar condition:

013_zps5898207b.jpg

That is badazz. :headbang:

They race a cross-dressing Dracula? :o

Fffffffftttttt!!! Cross dressing pervos weren't allowed to poison young minds in those days. Count Dragula was the prominently featured hot rodding host in early issues of Drag Cartoons:

20-10-201181202PM.jpg

20-10-201181207PM.jpg

20-10-201181226PM.jpg

20-10-201181233PM.jpg

Let me tell you that my mind was already well and truly stoked by the antics of such luminaries as Count Dragula, Temple McFlathead, Ollie Oliie Overhead and "Big Daddy" Roth well before the first issue of Warren's Creepy magazine hit the newsstands! Heeeee, heeee!

I didn't know Toth did work for these!

013_zps5898207b.jpg

Some things never change! Win a free trip to Bakersfield because that's pretty much the only way they can get people out there!

013_zps5898207b.jpg

Some things never change! Win a free trip to Bakersfield because that's pretty much the only way they can get people out there!

I'm from Bakersfield... :(

013_zps5898207b.jpg

I'm from Bakersfield... :(

Did you win a free trip there? lol

Count Dragula was the prominently featured hot rodding host in early issues of Drag Cartoons:

20-10-201181202PM.jpg

20-10-201181207PM.jpg

20-10-201181226PM.jpg

20-10-201181233PM.jpg

For shame!

It's true though that comic magazine dealers and collectors are typically clueless when it comes to the hot rod humour magazines that I've loved since I was a kid. While they know and understand the horror mags, that's about it. Try asking about these at your local comic shop. You'll get more dumb looks than at McDonald's - and that includes the head office!

:preach:

You want Toth I'll give you Toth! This two page feature ran in "Big Daddy" Roth 2 in 1964:

BigDaddyRoth2.jpg

017_zps9b00e2f5.jpg

018_zps9cf8a1db.jpg

As you can see, it was the right query but Ed got the band wrong!