• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what would you do if you won $50k?

72 posts in this topic

well 55k don't buy a house here either, just 1/3 of a decent one....so to rephrase: use it for down payment on a house and have a mortgage as cheap as renting.

Houses in America are cheap.

Now I heard it all... Were not talking about a house in the sticks yknow? Try get a studio apt in manhattan for 500k see how far that gets you

He was talking about decent houses that cost 165k y'know? If a decent house is only that much they are comparatively cheap compared to Australian houses. Ya Know.

And when i said here, i meant in my town/area. We have cities with crazy square feet prices too.

But where ever you are here, out in the sticks, is just a 10-15minute drive.

You can build a nice brand spanking new home in the sticks for about 4-500.000.

I just think bricks and mortar are a better investment than comics, maybe with the exception of Walking Dead :grin:

I honestly don't know what I'd do. Half of me thinks I'd pay off my car, do a little maintenance (new tires, new brakes, stuff like that), and put the rest down on a condo. The The other half thinks I'd spend it on for my other car and a killer vacation in Vegas.