• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #2-30 For Sale!! Avengers Added!!

78 posts in this topic

Pontoon is right, i need to get the moire issue solved, that grey looks nothing like the book. :facepalm:

Scans are too high dpi? That might be what causes it.

:)

You just have to scan them at a higher resolution, and then resize them afterwards before you save them in JPG format for web upload… :gossip:

Is the resolution too high or too low?

I thought that if it was too high it causes this. Could be wrong though.

You just have to scan them at a higher resolution, and then resize them afterwards before you save them in JPG format for web upload… :gossip:

Is the resolution too high or too low?

I thought that if it was too high it causes this. Could be wrong though.

It's the jpg resize. If you scan at 300dpi+ and then resize down it should go away. I usually see it when I scan at lower dpi and then resize down.

It can also occur if you have the jpg quality set low. I usually have mine set about 80%

I have scanned them at 200 and 300 and get the same result, I will double check other settings. I didn't change anything on purpose, so I'm not sure why they are different than previous scans done on the same machine.

I have scanned them at 200 and 300 and get the same result, I will double check other settings. I didn't change anything on purpose, so I'm not sure why they are different than previous scans done on the same machine.

Check the switch on the left side closest to the scannerbed and see if the flux capacitor is set to 1.21 gigawatts. That's your problem right there.

Check the switch on the left side closest to the scannerbed and see if the flux capacitor is set to 1.21 gigawatts. That's your problem right there.

:idea:

Resolution is not measured in DPI (Dots Per Inch), which is the measure for the dots in print, but rather in PPI (Pixel Per Inch).

Usually it’s not enough to scan @300ppi, as the moirée is bound to appear because the pixel ratio clashes with the printed dot ratio of the printed book.

Best would be to scan at least @400ppi and then resize to the preferred size (my JPG are always saved @300ppi because I want people to be able to zoom in, but they could easily be lower).

It is also important to uncheck the "auto sharpen" feature if your scanner software has it set by default. :)

This is a 300ppi saved JPG of my FF #3, initially scanned @400ppi, to make a comparision with a similar SA book

5Gk5ERth.jpg

Artoo says that the chances of Andy figuring it out are 725 to 1. Actually Artoo has been known to make mistakes... from time to time... Oh dear...

My technical expertise disappeared along with rotary phones! :cry:

Resolution is not measured in DPI (Dots Per Inch), which is the measure for the dots in print, but rather in PPI (Pixel Per Inch).

Usually it’s not enough to scan @300ppi, as the moirée is bound to appear because the pixel ratio clashes with the printed dot ratio of the printed book.

Best would be to scan at least @400ppi and then resize to the preferred size (my JPG are always saved @300ppi because I want people to be able to zoom in, but they could easily be lower).

It is also important to uncheck the "auto sharpen" feature if your scanner software has it set by default. :)

This is a 300ppi saved JPG of my FF #3, initially scanned @400ppi, to make a comparision with a similar SA book

Thanks for all the input guys, I am going to look into wtf is going on today.