• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Was a neutral appropriate?

177 posts in this topic

Seller took 11 days to ship and didn't tell me it would take that long. After waiting a week I enquired, they told me it would ship that day and then did not ship for another four days. Curt replies and usually took over a day to respond. Overcharged on shipping and seemed annoyed when I asked for it to be box shipped even though it was a $500 book.

I left a neutral and got this reply:

WHATS THE PROBLEM? YOU GOT YOUR BOOK! I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE A LITTLE SLOW BECAUSE OUR CREW WAS ON VACATION! ITS SUMMER TIME AND THE WORLD GOES AWAY! IT WAS PACKED SO WELL WITH EXTRA BUBBLE! IT GOT TO YOU SAFE WITH NO PROBLEMS, YET THAT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU! EVEN DEALING WITH US YOU SEND ME A TON OF EMAILS BOTHERING US! YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE FUC**N JERK OFF'S THAT IS NEVER HAPPY. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They absolutely did not tell me it would take a while to ship. All they said was that they couldn't provide extra scans of another book as the guy who does them was on vacation.

This also raises my other problem which has been a stick in my craw lately. If you are selling a book and a customer asks for extra scans or information you should provide it obligingly, especially if that book is worth $200 or more. Is that too much to ask?

No

Grin and smile. You can call me what ever you want behind my back. I know I am fussy but if you want me to send you hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars send me some decent scans or non fuzzy photos in full light without making me feel like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

Waiting for comic books just to put them away never got to me. Waiting for clink or HA to ship something I had won and paid a month prior and I wont even go there about CGC and all the waiting that is involved. Heck Kenny is restoring a book for me he has had since March. Waiting is an every day part of this game. You obviously want your books and want them right now. Try telling yourself that they are yours when you pay or submit them. Possesion need not be so physical. People often sell books they dont have cause they are at CGC. It seems you may be blocked from buying from this seller, maybe no big deal. Neutral feedback, while you think it may be less than Neg still carries the same weight and can remove/reduce a sellers 20% discount. Thats why he is pizzed.

I wouldn't have left neutral feedback.

11 days to ship an item is a bit long but stuff happens.

He communicated with you and sent the item.

Was it as described? Were you happy with it?

If so, you are wrong here and over reacted.

Waiting for comic books just to put them away never got to me. Waiting for clink or HA to ship something I had won and paid a month prior and I wont even go there about CGC and all the waiting that is involved. Heck Kenny is restoring a book for me he has had since March. Waiting is an every day part of this game. You obviously want your books and want them right now. Try telling yourself that they are yours when you pay or submit them. Possesion need not be so physical. People often sell books they dont have cause they are at CGC. It seems you may be blocked from buying from this seller, maybe no big deal. Neutral feedback, while you think it may be less than Neg still carries the same weight and can remove/reduce a sellers 20% discount. Thats why he is pizzed.

Yeah I did think long and hard about it before leaving a neutral as I know it effects their livelihood.

I don't want my books now, I have a few books still out in the wild that I bought last year which have still not returned. What I do want is good communication and not telling me you will ship a book and then not doing it and general crummy customer service.

I wouldn't have left neutral feedback.

11 days to ship an item is a bit long but stuff happens.

He communicated with you and sent the item.

Was it as described? Were you happy with it?

If so, you are wrong here and over reacted.

They didn't communicate. I had to enquire. Then they gave an assurance they would ship that day and didn't.

I also figured that a neutral was a way of giving an ambivalent mark my feedback comment was also unemotional and factual.

Can you remove a neutral? If the majority thinks I should I will.

What's your ebay name?

Why?

He's probably going to block you from bidding on his books.

I thought so. lol

Like I said If a majority think it was not warranted I will remove it, if that is possible. I felt bad after leaving it and then the strong response made me feel even worse, so I thought I would seek guidance from the brains trust.

Seller wasn't quick (you can ding them for slow shipping) and was a bit misleading by not shipping when they said they would, the neutral was probably borderline. In your shoes, I probably would have simply not left feedback. However, with his response I would definitely let it stand.

I think a neutral was fine. I take the buyer's point of view (since I haven't sold anything on eBay in more than a decade). Because sellers have become so paranoid about their fb -- with good reason given eBay's rules -- the utility of fb from the buyer's point of view has been reduced.

There have been threads on here about gross seller misconduct that ended up with the seller finally making restitution. Many people then say "Well, in the end the seller made good, so leave him positive fb." I say, "Baloney!" Fb is meant to provide info to the seller on how you thought he did and, more importantly, info to other buyers on your experience with this seller.

If this guy doesn't want bad feedback, then ship faster than 11 days and respond to buyers' e-mails. If everybody is on vacation and you can't handle orders, then cut back on your listings.

Given his dealings with you and his response to your fb, this is clearly not a guy I would ever want to deal with. If you change your neutral to a positive, then useful info to other potential buyers is lost. In addition, you ratify this guy's view that by cursing at people who leave bad fb, he can get them to change it.

Seller took 11 days to ship and didn't tell me it would take that long. After waiting a week I enquired, they told me it would ship that day and then did not ship for another four days. Curt replies and usually took over a day to respond. Overcharged on shipping and seemed annoyed when I asked for it to be box shipped even though it was a $500 book.

WHATS THE PROBLEM? YOU GOT YOUR BOOK! I TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE A LITTLE SLOW BECAUSE OUR CREW WAS ON VACATION! ITS SUMMER TIME AND THE WORLD GOES AWAY! IT WAS PACKED SO WELL WITH EXTRA BUBBLE! IT GOT TO YOU SAFE WITH NO PROBLEMS, YET THAT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU! EVEN DEALING WITH US YOU SEND ME A TON OF EMAILS BOTHERING US! YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE FUC**N JERK OFF'S THAT IS NEVER HAPPY. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They absolutely did not tell me it would take a while to ship. All they said was that they couldn't provide extra scans of another book as the guy who does them was on vacation.

I think if you left a neutral over such a small thing, his reply was appropriate. If I sold on eBay, I would block you too.

1. Seller did not meet their obligation (assuming that their time to ship was set at something normal like 2-7 days). Why should that get positive feedback? Sure "stuff happens" but if you are an ebay seller large enough to have a "crew" then you should be a professional enough entity to communicate early and often with your customer. If you are just a guy selling one book and you had something happen sure. But again, if you are a big enough ebay seller to have a crew, then you need to be more professional in you communication both in timing and tone.

2. Speaking of tone. An all caps reply to feedback that came on the heals of not fulfilling the stated shipping obligation (again assuming they didn't have their "time to ship" set to 10 days) is very unprofessional. If you don't NEED this book, I'd return it. Bad customer service should not reap the rewards of revenue.

Sellers have three obligations to meet in my mind:

1. Is the product as described?

2. Was it shipped in the stated time-frame?

3. Was it shipped in the agreed upon method?

Buyers have the following obligations:

1. Pay in the time frame expected/agreed to.

2. Ask Questions/raise concerns in a timely manner so the seller can attempt to accommodate/solve.

Grin and smile. You can call me what ever you want behind my back. I know I am fussy but if you want me to send you hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars send me some decent scans or non fuzzy photos in full light without making me feel like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

I think you may have misunderstood my "No". Taking that long to ship without notification and the beyond pathetic excuse of not providing additional scans would make me inclined to leave a negative if not cancel the transaction completely. That's just not how you run a business. Especially when there's people out there willing to bend over backwards to make a sale on books that cost less than half of what you spent with this guy. (thumbs u

I think if you left a neutral over such a small thing, his reply was appropriate. If I sold on eBay, I would block you too.

The guy:

1. Took a long time to ship, including giving inaccurate info on when he would ship

2. Kicked over sending a $500 book in a box

3. Overcharged for shipping

4. Was curt in his e-mail exchanges

If you were a buyer thinking of buying something from this guy, wouldn't you be interested in these things?