• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Was a neutral appropriate?

177 posts in this topic

I'm as honest a seller there is but go ahead and block me Thomas.

Who said anything about blocking ? You are about to experience customers-from-hell-month....

Evil. Pure evil.

:devil: :lol: ;)

-slym

He can line up and wait....I don't sell much on eBay. Unless he wants to buy my OA of Walking Dead Page 2 from issue #11 :baiting:

As not the speediest of shippers, when i do get behind and it gets out later than it should, not only have i e-mailed about it, but I generally include some extras. that, nearly always, makes folks happy...again, except the psycho who messed me up, I tossed in an extra $100+ in OPG in books acknowledging i was slow and he still whined, but whatever, 99 times out of 100 people like the extras.

sooo, doesn't answer the question i suppose on when it's right to leave a neutral....

Generally ebay purchases for me, are deals I could not pass up. If a $500 book is as described, there is absolutely no way I am leaving anything other than positive feedback and risk not being able to buy from a seller that offers such deals in the future.

Sure. If it's an Amazing Fantasy #15 for $500, I wouldn't have given a neutral either.

But it's not.

It's a regular $500 comic book, that you can buy all over eBay or on Comic Link or Comic Connect, or at shows, or here on the boards.... it's not rare and it's not hard to find.

Why wouldn't I expect some customer service for my order?

I didn't tell him to keep it down.

He asked for opinions. I don't think I would leave a neutral or neg in THAT situation.

It's how I feel.

For MY situation last year and calling out that dealer, I felt it was an obvious issue by speaking to me on the phone (his shop) and telling me to come down the next day to exchange the book with him and the dealer not showing up.... (but, like I said earlier, that dealer and I are totally cool with each other. I have no issues with him).

Seems a bit more egregious than an online purchase being delayed in shipping for an item but still getting exactly what was ordered.

Ugh...it's called a metaphor.

Simply put you felt entirely justified in posting negatively because you were inconvenienced for a couple of hours. There wasn't anything the seller did except not be there to meet you and you felt it was entirely ok for your to rant negatively here about it.

Flash forward to now.

Now you are saying the OP was wrong to leave a neutral (not a negative) about a seller that blew his own shipping deadline, twice, for a $500 book, and didn't communicate anything to the buyer on his own, and then sent him a profanity laced email. You got your situation resolved eventually, and he got his resolved eventually (except for the profanity, overcharged shipping, etc).

Diminishing the OPs situation by calling what the seller did as a simple "shipping delay" without the context is not entirely forthcoming.

The only thing I can think of that makes you think your situation was so much worse than the OP's is that yours happened to you and his didn't.

What are you ranting and raving about? I'm not being forthcoming? About what exactly?

The profanity laced letter came AFTER he left the guy a neutral. That wasn't the question. The seller was definitely wrong doing that after receiving a neutral. I wouldn't do it and I sure wouldn't buy from the seller again due to it.

But, that's not the issue here. It was if he should have left a neutral on eBay. Knowing full well what can happen to you when buying on eBay AND that the seller already had neutrals for other issues AND shipping delays....He received a package within 2 weeks of buying it off ebay. That is a acceptable range of time and I don't see it as Neutral or Neg worthy.

If you see it differently, (thumbs u for you

He got what he ordered.

See. I refuse to buy from eBay with that mindset.

eBay is a store, like any other to me.

And if the buyer should "(Know) full well what can happen to you when buying on eBay, then the seller getting a neutral should "Know) full well what can happen to you when (Selling) on eBay".

The guy:

1. Took a long time to ship, including giving inaccurate info on when he would ship

2. Kicked over sending a $500 book in a box

3. Overcharged for shipping

4. Was curt in his e-mail exchanges

If you were a buyer thinking of buying something from this guy, wouldn't you be interested in these things?

Sorry - didn't read all that. I was focusing on the mailing time. You are correct.

I didn't tell him to keep it down.

He asked for opinions. I don't think I would leave a neutral or neg in THAT situation.

It's how I feel.

For MY situation last year and calling out that dealer, I felt it was an obvious issue by speaking to me on the phone (his shop) and telling me to come down the next day to exchange the book with him and the dealer not showing up.... (but, like I said earlier, that dealer and I are totally cool with each other. I have no issues with him).

Seems a bit more egregious than an online purchase being delayed in shipping for an item but still getting exactly what was ordered.

Ugh...it's called a metaphor.

Simply put you felt entirely justified in posting negatively because you were inconvenienced for a couple of hours. There wasn't anything the seller did except not be there to meet you and you felt it was entirely ok for your to rant negatively here about it.

Flash forward to now.

Now you are saying the OP was wrong to leave a neutral (not a negative) about a seller that blew his own shipping deadline, twice, for a $500 book, and didn't communicate anything to the buyer on his own, and then sent him a profanity laced email. You got your situation resolved eventually, and he got his resolved eventually (except for the profanity, overcharged shipping, etc).

Diminishing the OPs situation by calling what the seller did as a simple "shipping delay" without the context is not entirely forthcoming.

The only thing I can think of that makes you think your situation was so much worse than the OP's is that yours happened to you and his didn't.

What are you ranting and raving about? I'm not being forthcoming? About what exactly?

The profanity laced letter came AFTER he left the guy a neutral. That wasn't the question. The seller was definitely wrong doing that after receiving a neutral. I wouldn't do it and I sure wouldn't buy from the seller again due to it.

But, that's not the issue here. It was if he should have left a neutral on eBay. Knowing full well what can happen to you when buying on eBay AND that the seller already had neutrals for other issues AND shipping delays....He received a package within 2 weeks of buying it off ebay. That is a acceptable range of time and I don't see it as Neutral or Neg worthy.

If you see it differently, (thumbs u for you

He got what he ordered.

Neither ranting nor raving.

You stated it was a "Shipping Delay" as if that's all that happened. You know full well that's not what happened. You laid on the details of your cataclysm, I simply sought to have the OP's actual situation and not the tidy short version you proffered be the one laid out.

Leaving out the details of the transaction 1) it wasn't small money, 2) shipping was promised in 2 days, 3) Seller never initiated contact with buyer to state shipping may be delayed 4) after buyer contacted seller, seller promised immediate shipping and then waited another 4 days to ship 5) buyer being left that entire time to wonder what's happened to his $500+ piece of merchandise and if he was being ripped off...is what I mean by not being forthcoming. Leaving out all those details and calling it a simple "shipping delay", as if the seller was in constant contact and letting the buyer know what was happening, is couching the facts in a way to, again, make what happened to you a real teeth gnasher and hand wringer. What happened to the OP? A mere bag of shells*.

If he had not gotten what he ordered he would have been negging the seller. We are talking about a neutral, which was exactly warranted by the full and complete set of facts above.

* not actual shells...again....metaphor.

Ok, what about the fact he knew that seller was already given three neutrals before? And another for slow shipping?

Would you shop at a store like that if you knew? I wouldn't

I give him credit for giving the guy a chance.

3 neutrals and a slow shipping isn't necessarily a deal breaker for a book he badly wanted, but the end result was what it was.

His experience was neutral.

You're supposed to rate sellers on what YOUR experience was, not on what you're lowered expectations were from past ratings.

What are you ranting and raving about?

And so it begins....

Yep, you showing up to be an instigator...right on time (thumbs u

Mark, you'll get a lot more traction in life if you stop blaming everyone else for your own shortcomings, and accept responsibility for what you say and do.

And so it begins....

Mark, you'll get a lot more traction in life if you stop blaming everyone else for your own shortcomings, and accept responsibility for what you say and do.

lol

You are too funny since you don't know a thing about me or how much traction I have in my life.

Thanks and all the best

And so it begins....

lol

You are too funny since you don't know a thing about me or how much traction I have in my life.

Thanks and all the best

:popcorn:

And so it begins....

lol

Thanks and all the best

I liked it better when RockMyAmadeus was a internet mime. the "quote" function is flawed when you have the "ignore" feature enabled hm

And so it begins....

lol

Thanks and all the best

I liked it better when RockMyAmadeus was a internet mime. the "quote" function is flawed when you have the "ignore" feature enabled hm

hm