• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAVITON! SHIELD TV VILLAIN

39 posts in this topic

Always thought Graviton was Count Nefaria for the longest time, they look exactly the same.

lol Now that you mention it, so did I! So easy to confuse those 2! :P

At least nobody ever confused Korvac as another villain. No other villain dressed as if they were gonna chill out at a weekend BBQ.

The Beyonder did hm

:acclaim:

The Count Nefaria 3 part story in Avengers #164 - 166 is one of my favorite comic stories ever.

I concur.

The Avengers were great then.

Just don't mention #200.

Yeah, that was just....weird

Yeah, that was around the time when the series went off the boil for a while (but then it picked up again briefly around the Hank Pym/Masters of Evil storyline).

The Count Nefaria 3 part story in Avengers #164 - 166 is one of my favorite comic stories ever.

It's such a great moment when Thor shows up to join the fight.

It was an epic story line. I feel so lucky to have been able to follow this series back when the issues actually came out as most of the garbage they produce these days simply can't stand up to what Marvel was cranking out on a regular basis. Glory days of comics as far as I'm concerned.

:cloud9:

nefaria11_zps96166840.jpg

I bet, by posting those pics, you have caused a mini-run on those comics. I know I want to read the whole damn thing now!

:grin:

-slym

+1 Great stuff :cloud9:

I believe all of us who were Avengers fans way before it was fashionable (many have already posted in this thread! :applause:) hold those issues in high esteem. :cloud9:

Thor was making only cameo visits back then, usually when choosing new lineups. So, it was a big surprise when he made Nefaria's wish come true.

Another good Thor throwdown was with the evil Goliath when the Masters of Evil trashed Hercules in the #270s.