• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My experience with MyComicShop.com.

377 posts in this topic

That's a shame, for both the boardies that had a problem. I have had some comics cancelled before, but I don't think it was something hot, just an issues with their inventory.

Hopefully Conan can fix it for you. I have had hundreds of great transactions with MCS.

So I guy having a sum total of 9 posts comes in here to bash MCS which deal in millions of comics. Do they make mistakes? Sure, there was quite a scandal over a Man of Steel 5th printing awhile back.

Is it possible they jacked up the price? Yeah it can happen if it happens exactly how the OP explains it. I have learned over time to not jump to conclusions anymore. Let MCS come in here and explain the situation and try to make it right.

I mean its really a big deal to get upset about missing a speculator opportunity right? Dealt with MCS for years and for the most part the transactions have went smoothly and when they don't they usually make it right.

I would suggest a little more tact when you go on the attack against someone like MCS. Honey works a lot better then vinegar.

They make so much money on auctions and consignments that I really doubt they are purposefully canceling a 2010 title that was selling on their website for $2.30 to bump it up to $5.00.

Now only if they took my X-Men #282 CGC 9.6 to sell for me hah. =[

I'll continue ordering from them. There is always the next title. Everyone who is complaining has less than 100 posts. These are the people who buy to sell and don't throw any profit back to the small businesses like buying TPBs, toys, back issues, etc.

Yes I'd be interested to see their reply as well.

Taco, sounds like you got lucky having a good experience. You were probably their first order before they figured out what was going on with the book,

no one got lucky. I've ordered from MCS at least 30 times in the last two years. not one problem. sorry to hear you had a problem, but that doesn't mean MCS should be avoided.

I called and spoke to the owner "Buddy" who said he was well aware of the situation, lied and said they were out of stock and once I pointed out they had issues available earlier today at a HIGHER price he had no response but to say "Take Your Business Elsewhere" .

MCS is a Jekyll and Hyde operation.

Conan, the son, is Dr Jekyll. He is friendly, good with customer service, and quick to resolve complaints.

Buddy, the father, is Mr Hyde. What you got is typical, with take your business elsewhere his usual suggestion to complaints. I suspect he could incite Mother Teresa to violence.

^^ ^^ ^^

1 transaction isn't going to change my attitude towards dealing with MCS. I'm sure the system screwed up somewhere as all systems does at times. But to ask people to AVOID a business for one bad transaction is a little harsh.

If a business have a history of this type of abuse that would be another story

They make so much money on auctions and consignments that I really doubt they are purposefully canceling a 2010 title that was selling on their website for $2.30 to bump it up to $5.00.

I'll continue ordering from them. There is always the next title. Everyone who is complaining has less than 100 posts. These are the people who buy to sell and don't throw any profit back to the small businesses like buying TPBs, toys, back issues, etc.

:popcorn:

I'll continue ordering from them. There is always the next title. Everyone who is complaining has less than 100 posts. These are the people who buy to sell and don't throw any profit back to the small businesses like buying TPBs, toys, back issues, etc. [/

What the @$&% does it matter how many posts i have made. We already had someone say that is Buddy's attitude. This has to do with treating people right. Anyone who comes on hear and pretends that they don't utilize this information to attempt to make money is flat out laying BS. Whether it is like me that i flip titles that become hot (Catwoman 23 or Day Men) to buy things I love like (Five Ghosts or Daredevil) or if they are trying to provide for their family does not change the fact that MCS has some horrible CS practices. I had bought from them for the last 10 years and just because i never knew about this board until recently doesnt change the validity of my opinion. It is arrogant and asinine to disregard someone's opinion b/c they dont have 100+ posts.

Maybe Buddy can't take the abuse. He runs his business for 53 years. He may be retiring soon so his son Conan will keep his boat floating. Please treat Buddy as the human being.

I talked with Conan. He is really nice and has a great sense of humor. No issues so far.

It's ok to upset for not getting the book that you wanted. You have to look for the book quicker until you get it.

I was relieved that I got ASM #678 from Amazon.com for $67 before the price was skyrocketed. I thought $67 was too much but it was a good investment. Look at the current price is between $400 to $1250! I did the same thing with other exclusive books after being sold out.

Buddy was right about "take business elsewhere" and could not take the abuse. He has tried to do his best. If the book is being sold out, KEEP LOOKING AROUND until you get it! Remember that comic books are everywhere.

It sounds I me like they do have a tract record of doin this. My point is that I ordered 4 copies on Friday yet they claim they did not have any in stock when they went to fulfill my order... Yet earlier today which was before they cancelled my order they put back up additional copies at a slightly higher price but would not honor my transaction.

I'm glad some of you have had smooth transactions with them however I don't think you can argue based on these facts that they did an appropriate thing. To top it off the owner refused to work with me and had a major attitude yelling take your business elsewhere which I will...

I do not really post because again I know I'm not an expert, I do however visit these boards frequently multiple times on a daily basis in fact and appreciate all your comments.

Maybe Buddy can't take the abuse. He runs his business for 53 years. He may be retiring soon so his son Conan will keep his boat floating. Please treat Buddy as the human being.

I talked with Conan. He is really nice and has a great sense of humor. No issues so far.

It's ok to upset for not getting the book that you wanted. You have to look for the book quicker until you get it.

I was relieved that I got ASM #678 from Amazon.com for $67 before the price was skyrocketed. I thought $67 was too much but it was a good investment. Look at the current price is between $400 to $1250!

Buddy was right about "take business elsewhere" and could not take the abuse. He has tried to do his best. If the book is being sold out, KEEP LOOKING AROUND until you get it! Remember that comic books are everywhere.

Comic books may be everywhere but most are not in NM shape. lol

First off let me say I visit this site multiple times a day, every day and have learned a lot about the hobby..I don't really post becuase I know I'm nowhere near an expert but do enjoy reading everyone's posts and appreciate all the valuable info I have learned from CGC Members.

On Friday Morning, I read here on the CGC Boards that Ghost Projekt was optioned by NBC.

I immediately purchased a #1 issue on EBAY for $12 and then found to my amazement MyComicShop.com which had issue #1 for $2.80, Issues 2 & 3 sold out and Issues 4 & 5 for like $2 each.

I immediately ordered 4 copies of issue 1 and my friend ordered 1 copy of issue 1 a few hours before me...all being advertised as NM.

The weekend comes and much like I figured the book was sold out on MyComicShop.com and my order was still pending.

Then today I check the site and they have MORE issues of #1 at $5 each.

Here comes the kicker....I get an email from MyComicShop.com today at 2 PM pacific saying my order was cancelled due to not being in stock. Let me repeat that the issue was available Friday, Sold Out this weekend and now available earlier today at a HIGHER cost and now once again sold out.

I called and spoke to the owner "Buddy" who said he was well aware of the situation, lied and said they were out of stock and once I pointed out they had issues available earlier today at a HIGHER price he had no response but to say "Take Your Business Elsewhere"

Just want to give everyone on the boards a heads up to what TERRIBLE business practices this company has. I spend hundreds of dollars in comics monthly both at my LCS and at MidTown, Ebay & Forbidden Planet.

I will surely NEVER entertain the idea of using this company again and I hope board members take the same advice.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

I have ordered several times and not had a problem. That is low if they did what you said.

I was relieved that I got ASM #678 from Amazon.com for $67 before the price was skyrocketed. I thought $67 was too much but it was a good investment. Look at the current price is between $400 to $1250!

YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR THE BOOK IN NM CONDITION REALLY HARD!!!! I live in Illinois and learned about Abe Lincoln being persistence. He failed, failed, failed, failed and he was a president of USA!!! :makepoint:

YOU HAVE TO LOOK FOR THE BOOK IN NM CONDITION REALLY HARD!!!! I live in Illinois and learned about Abe Lincoln being persistence. He failed, failed, failed, failed and he was a president of USA!!! :makepoint:

Its a shame he didn't get to retire though, poor Abe. :(

What the @$&% does it matter how many posts i have made. We already had someone say that is Buddy's attitude. This has to do with treating people right. Anyone who comes on hear and pretends that they don't utilize this information to attempt to make money is flat out laying BS. Whether it is like me that i flip titles that become hot (Catwoman 23 or Day Men) to buy things I love like (Five Ghosts or Daredevil) or if they are trying to provide for their family does not change the fact that MCS has some horrible CS practices. I had bought from them for the last 10 years and just because i never knew about this board until recently doesnt change the validity of my opinion. It is arrogant and asinine to disregard someone's opinion b/c they dont have 100+ posts.

10 years of business and you're complaining about one title. Move on. The system canceled your order when there were no copies left. Then more copies became available and new orders were placed for WOW $2.70 MORE. It didn't go back to the canceled orders. This happens with other companies too. Yawn. :screwy:

I was relieved that I got ASM #678 from Amazon.com for $67 before the price was skyrocketed. I thought $67 was too much but it was a good investment. Look at the current price is between $400 to $1250! I did the same thing with other exclusive books after being sold out.

Don't make this about not getting the comic you want. And Buddy isnt the one being treated poorly...his customers have received this treatment. Also it would appear other employees feed off this attitude because i have never spoken to Buddy. Horrible customer service...that is what I received and i did the only thing I could (took my business elsewhere). The only reason i even got into this discussion is because i was treated horribly also.where there is smoke there could be "Sweet Brown"!

Don't make this about not getting the comic you want. And Buddy isnt the one being treated poorly...his customers have received this treatment. Also it would appear other employees feed off this attitude because i have never spoken to Buddy. Horrible customer service...that is what I received and i did the only thing I could (took my business elsewhere). The only reason i even got into this discussion is because i was treated horribly also.where there is smoke there could be "Sweet Brown"!

lol