• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I just watched the second episode. So far I've been very underwhelmed. It's like Agent Coulson with the cast of Saved By the Bell. The action sequences are directed like a bad 80s action flick. All the dialogue is rushed and there's no character development. Ugh. I hope it gets better quickly.

Liked but didn't love the first episode. Thought this one moved in the wrong direction. Had an unknown supes in the first episode. Just a device in this one. I was hoping there would be peripheral marvel characters showing up throughout the series but growing less sure this is going to happen at all.

I like it so far... and it looks like I'm not alone. Is it hokey in parts, heck yes. Were there some hokey parts in the Avengers movie? A couple.

Definitely a few hokey parts in Firefly too since this is Joss's baby.

Give it a few episodes to catch it's footing. Can't wait for the GOTG, A2, and other forthcoming Marvel movie tie-ins.

I'd say this show is going to keep us coming back just for those little tidbits of info hm

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/marvel-s-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-/

I think they have 6 episodes in total already filmed. I guess we will see if they film more...

:shrug:

-slym

ABC ordered the full season and ratings are high. It will go on.

Also anybody else wondering how he got brought back, cloning, advanced tech healing, magic, or has this already been talked about?

I think he's an android

My guess as well.

Episode 2 was just as bad as the first, save for the last 2 scenes.

Just can't get my head around how Wheadon could go from Firefly and Avengers to this. Yes i know it's a TV show but there are lots of shows out there that have amazing production values, stories and acting. SHIELD isn't one of those sadly.

The characters/actors are the worst. So bland and cliche. I can't stand the two tech Brits especially. They just feel like background noise.

Hoping that the penultimate scene sets up a continuing arc that introduces A.I.M. or Hydra. This show needs to be a serial and introduce lasting plots that run through the season/series rather than an "episode of the week" type format. Ditch the pretty teenagers cast and bring in some veteran actors and it might have a chance.

So disappointed with this show. It's another Mutant X.

No, just a straight up android like the Vision but less awesome. The reveal might be a long way off so it could happen after AV2 or Ant-Man.
Do androids bleed? I think he spent time in Asgard to "heal". Also, they need to lose the British Wonder Twins. Very annoying. I'm expecting more cameos from other franchises in the upcoming episodes.

Yeah, got better towards the end. Just way too much idle talk, and the squabbling between the 2 Brit scientists is completely annoying. They need to look back at Avengers to see how Shield Agents actually talk and act.

Hoping for better next week.

Edited by Dale Roberts

I just watched the second episode. So far I've been very underwhelmed. It's like Agent Coulson with the cast of Saved By the Bell. The action sequences are directed like a bad 80s action flick. All the dialogue is rushed and there's no character development. Ugh. I hope it gets better quickly.

Yeah, maybe they should have named it Marvel's New Kids on the Block.

Ward is ok, Coulson is ok, Mae is okay. Lose the rest and start over.