• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Was anyone else thinking Sunfire origin episode?

Yes, and I was hoping he would be Sunfire. :(

So was I, but my guess is that Sunfire's rights are tied up with the X-Men and Fox, and that the character is off-limits to them.

If there's one disappointment I've had with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. it's that we're now 5 episodes in and there hasn't been a single recognizable super hero from the Marvel Pantheon. Not even a C-lister. I'm wondering how long until they have some characters that show it's in the wider Marvel universe.

They wont

So was I, but my guess is that Sunfire's rights are tied up with the X-Men and Fox, and that the character is off-limits to them.

If there's one disappointment I've had with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. it's that we're now 5 episodes in and there hasn't been a single recognizable super hero from the Marvel Pantheon. Not even a C-lister. I'm wondering how long until they have some characters that show it's in the wider Marvel universe.

They wont

Scorch is a character (villain) from the Marvel 616 universe.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Tommy_Ng_%28Earth-616%29

First appearance

Night Thrasher #13

(August, 1994)

I'm thinking the episodes will get better after they burn through what they've already filmed. Now that it's picked up for a full season and new episodes will be written and filmed, I think they will answer the criticisms leveled at it so far. They do need to take the Marvel characters up from z-listers like Scorch up to people who are at least c or b-listers though.

I was definitely thinking that was going to be Sunfire. I hope the episodes get better with new filmings, though I thought this most recent one was better than they had been at the beginning.

I figure that since they harvested his platelets, which results in being able to stabilize the centipede formula, there will be new super baddies showing up right and left.

But they will be nameless guys whom I care little or nothing about. I will have no connection to them in the slightest. They will be exactly like the extremis soldiers from Iron Man 3. Who cares.

May as well be guys in haz-mat suits. Actually that is a great idea, call them A.I.M. and I would suddenly care more.

Is amazing the difference many here would have felt if that guy was Sunfire.

I figure that since they harvested his platelets, which results in being able to stabilize the centipede formula, there will be new super baddies showing up right and left.

But they will be nameless guys whom I care little or nothing about. I will have no connection to them in the slightest. They will be exactly like the extremis soldiers from Iron Man 3. Who cares.

May as well be guys in haz-mat suits. Actually that is a great idea, call them A.I.M. and I would suddenly care more.

It's all make believe. :gossip:

It's all make believe. :gossip:

:ohnoez:

I'm glad that they didn't call this guy Sunfire. Sunfire was Japanese and this guy was from Hong Kong.

I would prefer that they stay true to the actual comic book characters.

On the other hand, they did change Nick Fury's character a bit and that turned out OK...

Yeah - notice someone asked how he got his powers, and Coulsen says "IDK" but rattles off something about a nuclear power plant. My thinking is, they can't even say the word "mutant" but they will find a way around that label if they have to.

-slym

Graviton is going to happen, I am sure of it. When...?

???

-slym