• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I didn't dislike the third episode -- it was much better than the first two episodes, and it kept my attention.

I do wish they would get rid of the Wonder Twins -- they add nothing to the show.

I liked this third episode best so far. The last images in the Gravitron made me think of Quasimodo. Yes, the Wonder Kids are boring.

They need a tough Wolverine type of character. Most of these characters seem to be the kind of people who are too nice. Too nice is boring on TV. They need a bad arse to be put into the mix. 2c

Yeah, the "tough" pretty-boy isn't gonna cut it there. I guess Ming Na's character will be the "badass" of the group. How that will play out...?

???

-slym

He is a generic pretty boy. He kind of reminds me that they want the Arrow look. I like the Arrow show, but what works for the CW network fan base won`t work for Marvel fans.

Different demographics.

I am going to watch the whole first season because I expect a big bang in the end. :)

Loeb starts the panel by reminding the crowd that "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." got picked up a full 22-episode season earlier this week, and said that viewers should watch the show live, and stick around to the very end -- so as not to miss bits like the recent Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury cameo

NYCC LIVE: Jeph Loeb Talks "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD"

I just watched the last 2 episodes (been on the road to NYCC), so thought I would weigh in.

Both of the episodes were better than the 1st two episodes. Not that it is saying much, but at least both were enjoyable to me. Overall, still not nearly what I expected or hoped for, but getting better, and I will keep recording the series.

I agree with Dale -- the episodes are slowly improving. Episode #4 was above average to good. The opening sequence appeared to be filmed in Stockholm (at least the outdoor sequence), and the scene in "Belarus" (I doubt it was filmed there) certainly had the look and feel of a former Russian republic. So kudos on location filming.

I'm hoping the worst (the first two episodes) is behind MAOS and that it will continue to improve.

The one change that desperately needs to be made is to drop the Wonder Twins.

Series is slowly improving into C+/B- territory...funnier, more action, less goofy romance

And we only need one of the Wonder Twins. I vote for her.

Dan

Not only is she easier to understand, she's cute.

:whistle:

-slym

1st episode: I faked liking it.

2nd episode: I didn't like it.

3rd episode: I could see liking it.

4th episode: I actually liked it.

Despite the rocky start, I'm starting to enjoy it. The characters are settling in and the annoying establishing dialogue they were saddled with has subsided. The Scottish scientist has to go, hopefully in a violent way.

It's definitely starting to get a 'Firefly' feel with them hanging out constantly on the plane and making it their home. And that's ok.

1st episode: I faked liking it.

2nd episode: I didn't like it.

3rd episode: I could see liking it.

4th episode: I actually liked it.

Despite the rocky start, I'm starting to enjoy it. The characters are settling in and the annoying establishing dialogue they were saddled with has subsided. The Scottish scientist has to go, hopefully in a violent way.

It's definitely starting to get a 'Firefly' feel with them hanging out constantly on the plane and making it their home. And that's ok.

I liked it too. I actually laughed when

Ward saw the "SEDUCE HIM" command and said "Help"

Did anyone notice Steranko (and Millar) in the special thanks credits? How are they involved in the show?

Dan

I liked it too. I actually laughed when

Ward saw the "SEDUCE HIM" command and said "Help"

Honestly, that was a great moment and scene for Ward (the interchange and fight) - who generally seemed very wooden up to that point. I may be reading too much into it, but it seems that there is always a scene or episode early on that makes the character likeable to the audience, and for me - that was it.