• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Coulson getting flung around like a metal object by the Graviton sphere was interesting.

the Gravitron (as stated in the episode) manipulates gravity fields, not metals. [Were you implying that Coulson was a robot?]. In the climax we see both Coulson and the Dr Whatshisname get tossed around equally.

Point taken. Yet, only the metal vehicles were affected at the beginning. Wouldn't everything within the field of the mini-spheres be affected(asphalt, dirt, trees, etc.) just saying. :)

Coulson getting flung around like a metal object by the Graviton sphere was interesting.

the Gravitron (as stated in the episode) manipulates gravity fields, not metals. [Were you implying that Coulson was a robot?]. In the climax we see both Coulson and the Dr Whatshisname get tossed around equally.

Point taken. Yet, only the metal vehicles were affected at the beginning. Wouldn't everything within the field of the mini-spheres be affected(asphalt, dirt, trees, etc.) just saying. :)

Yep, unless somehow the technology is able to be directed at specific targets.

Just watched this last episode - is it me, or does it seem like it's getting better? I really hope so - I want to like this show.

Not just you. I liked the third installment better as well. First off the two villains (or one villain and one half hero and one half villain) were better acted. I've got to think both characters are planned for comebacks. I thought this was the best of the three so far (followed by the premier, the second episode was by far the worst in my eyes).

I didn't like Star Trek: TNG when it first came out... I'll give this series a chance to develop too. (shrug)

Isn't it crazy that we now demand that our shows reach their full potential within the first one or two episodes, and when TNG came out, the character development took two full seasons to find it's stride?

It is a fun show. A very nice departure from the normal NCIS, CSI, etc that is put out over and over. I am on board for sure. Plus I just really like Agent Coulson, he is awesome. Although I am slowly warming up to Skye, she reminds me of Megan Fox kind of... :P

It is a fun show. A very nice departure from the normal NCIS, CSI, etc that is put out over and over. I am on board for sure. Plus I just really like Agent Coulson, he is awesome. Although I am slowly warming up to Skye, she reminds me of Megan Fox kind of... :P

She was much more tolerable in this last episode. I'm not really a fan of the 'Um Yeah Um Huh Yeah' Andrew Garfield/Michael Cera School of Awkward Pauses In Acting, but I'm slowly building a tolerance to the way her dialogue is written.

I didn't like Star Trek: TNG when it first came out... I'll give this series a chance to develop too. (shrug)

Isn't it crazy that we now demand that our shows reach their full potential within the first one or two episodes, and when TNG came out, the character development took two full seasons to find it's stride?

I think someone pointed out that there is so much "good" TV out there that maybe some people are becoming spoiled.

-slym

I didn't dislike the third episode -- it was much better than the first two episodes, and it kept my attention.

I do wish they would get rid of the Wonder Twins -- they add nothing to the show.

I liked this third episode best so far. The last images in the Gravitron made me think of Quasimodo. Yes, the Wonder Kids are boring.

I think someone pointed out that there is so much "good" TV out there that maybe some people are becoming spoiled.

-slym

I definitely agree with that. I have to make a conscious effort to give shows a chance if the first episodes are a little sketchy. My wife has given up on AOS, but I'll watch it every week now that it got picked up for a season at least.

-slym

I definitely agree with that. I have to make a conscious effort to give shows a chance if the first episodes are a little sketchy. My wife has given up on AOS, but I'll watch it every week now that it got picked up for a season at least.

When ST:TNG first came out, their costumes were really thin, Troi's hair was really severe, Data wasn't developed, Geordi wasn't Chief Engineer, Riker was actually in shape... Worf was just the guy standing at the console.

Years later, it ranks up there with TOS as one of the best Star Trek series. Without TNG succeeding, there would never have been ST:DS9, ST:Voyager, Enterprise, etc.

-slym

There is just so much good stuff out there now that one can watch on TV or video games to play. When Star Trek Next Generation came out there was no Netflix,Internet or X-BOX LIVE to compete with, so it could grow if it started out slow.

Heck, I myself watch Agents of SHIELD on Comcast on demand, and it has went from must see TV to I will still give it a chance to watch. Sleepy Hollow has been the reverse as it went from give it a chance to now must see TV.

Agents of SHIELD is getting better, but I have been spoiled now.Watching Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones will do that to you. Even Boardwalk Empire is at another level then this so far.

I hope SHIELD gets better. :wishluck:

I didn't dislike the third episode -- it was much better than the first two episodes, and it kept my attention.

I do wish they would get rid of the Wonder Twins -- they add nothing to the show.

I liked this third episode best so far. The last images in the Gravitron made me think of Quasimodo. Yes, the Wonder Kids are boring.

They need a tough Wolverine type of character. Most of these characters seem to be the kind of people who are too nice. Too nice is boring on TV. They need a bad arse to be put into the mix. 2c

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

They need a tough Wolverine type of character. Most of these characters seem to be the kind of people who are too nice. Too nice is boring on TV. They need a bad arse to be put into the mix. 2c

Yeah, the "tough" pretty-boy isn't gonna cut it there. I guess Ming Na's character will be the "badass" of the group. How that will play out...?

???

-slym