• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Avengers 8

10 posts in this topic

It’s too nice for a 3.0, I’d say 3.5/4.0 depending on how much wear there actually is.

CGC appears to be very lenient on pen scribbles, and this one does not even affect the characters.

If the front cover was the back cover and vice versa, I would agree. But the front cover is what gets all of the attention and I still believe that there is too much damage to warrant above 3.0 IMHO. The staple tears are deep, especially the top one. There is a loss of colour on Kang's left arm, something going on near his right foot (although I can't be sure what it is) and there are several stress marks on the cover aside from the spine and edge stress. If CGC were to give it a better grade then kudos to Paul (and you and the others who graded higher). I would rather grade on the lower end then to give someone a higher grade and maybe false hope? :o

Hope it doesn't sound like I'm rantrant ing!

No, it doesn’t. :)

Maybe it’s a 3.5, but it is a nice book and – believe me – staple tears or "loose" staples are no big issue, as long as the paper is fresh they are less bound to detach than perfectly fitting staples on a NM book.

I have a FF which looks like a NM with a popped staple… :(

It’s too nice for a 3.0, I’d say 3.5/4.0 depending on how much wear there actually is.

CGC appears to be very lenient on pen scribbles, and this one does not even affect the characters.

If the front cover was the back cover and vice versa, I would agree. But the front cover is what gets all of the attention and I still believe that there is too much damage to warrant above 3.0 IMHO. The staple tears are deep, especially the top one. There is a loss of colour on Kang's left arm, something going on near his right foot (although I can't be sure what it is) and there are several stress marks on the cover aside from the spine and edge stress. If CGC were to give it a better grade then kudos to Paul (and you and the others who graded higher). I would rather grade on the lower end then to give someone a higher grade and maybe false hope? :o

Hope it doesn't sound like I'm rantrant ing!

No it doesnt sound like a rant, and I appreciate all the comments. I'm still learning this grading thing at the minute, so it's nice to see all the different opinions.

Either way i probably overpaid lol

Thanks again,

Paul