• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best purchase of the summer.....

160 posts in this topic

I think it was the Master Comics 21 in VG that I bought from a guy on ebay for 40 dollars. I won a Master 46 from him and asked if he had any other Golden Age. He said had a 21 and several other Masters before 50, including a Captain Marvel Jr. 4. I bought the lot of 5 for 200 dollars and the 21 was in that lot. thumbsup2.gif

No major purchases this summer, but I'm pretty happy about these:

X-MEN 140 Red Label 9.6W $55

1x-men1409.jpg

Superman 311 9.6 OW/W $32 (one of my favourite Superman books from when I was young)

ZJCBN-supes311.jpg

Getting this copy of Batman 244(also a childhood fave) made me the happiest. cloud9.gif

1BATMAN244.jpg

Here, here! Love that daredevil/hitler cover! Have you seen the one on comiclink in NM-? It's like 25 grand or something....

I know that Metropolis had one a while back that was NM+. They didn't even list a price, they just asked for interested parties to call.

Yeah, mine too.... grin.gif

By far my favorite purchase over the summer was the original George Perez art to FF #172, pages 16 and 17. Double-page splash with all the FF heads in profile listening to a story told by a golden gorilla....don't get much better than that!

Just had it framed and put up in my office. Looks spectacular.

Dan

Beaumonts gave Dice that copy for free....and Dice got it signed in person. thumbsup2.gif

Why didn't Dice bring Mr. Borock to meet Evil and that way he could have got it in the Signature Series.

Because I could care less if it was SS or not.

I know who signed it, and it will never belong to anyone but me.

When I die, I'll have it burned and it's ashes mixed with mine, so we can become...one. cloud9.gif

yay.gif

Beaumonts gave Dice that copy for free....and Dice got it signed in person. thumbsup2.gif

Why didn't Dice bring Mr. Borock to meet Evil and that way he could have got it in the Signature Series.

When I die, I'll have it burned and it's ashes mixed with mine, so we can become...one. cloud9.gif

yay.gif

Why did you get it slabbed?

yay.gif

Why did you get it slabbed?

Because I wanted it slabbed? acclaim.gif