• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sex Criminals - Image

292 posts in this topic

rri734x.jpg

I am confused.

The image above reflects my abilities to follow Sex Criminals & post images on this forum.

What is the sex crime here?

And how did they just appear in a completely different place?

most of the issue is a flashback. The beginning and the end are present time so I don't believe they ended up in a different place.

I didn't have high expectations (despite REALLY liking Hawkeye), but this book was legitimately good. Fraction is a different kind of story teller and If he stays focused primarily on the criminal storyline going forward, this title has a high ceiling.

I just finished the first issue and dug it. The art was clear and the story hit some really authentic feeling romantic beats despite the wacky concept. I did, however, not like Satellite Sam at all.

I personally loved this book. I was concerned about sex being used gratuitously (e.g. Sex) or for cheap laughs, but Fraction does a great job of justifying how sex & orgasm play a role in the main character's desire to escape her own personal tragedies, and I definitely felt genuine moments of humor, joy, even sadness. I was reluctant to pick this book up after Satellite Sam was such a disappointment, but I haven't been more gung-ho about a title after an issue #1 since East of West.

I personally loved this book. I was concerned about sex being used gratuitously (e.g. Sex) or for cheap laughs, but Fraction does a great job of justifying how sex & orgasm play a role in the main character's desire to escape her own personal tragedies, and I definitely felt genuine moments of humor, joy, even sadness. I was reluctant to pick this book up after Satellite Sam was such a disappointment, but I haven't been more gung-ho about a title after an issue #1 since East of West.

I was also dissappointed in Satellite Sam and decided to give this one a shot. I have to say, I am utterly floored by this book after reading issue #2 and it has quickly become one of my favorites. Interested to see where this is going.

:insane:

imo this book is bad!

I have made similar comments to the following on this Sex Criminals forum. I prefaced my previous comment with the Forrest Gump 'I am not a smart man' meme.

I am going to use spoiler tags again but they are not needed; this information can be found in the one paragraph summary/preview of the comic.

I had to read #1 three times. And I still didn't understand it all.

I got all the urban dictionary type of jokes -- which, they now already played that card/joke but there's a zillion sex jokes at their disposal.

I didn't understand what the sex crime was. I had to use Google. The sex crime in #1 is Suzie's ability to stop time when having sex. I imagine that more characters will be introduced that have more superhero-like powers that are driven by sex or sexual urges.

That said, I do not suggest this book. If you want sex comedy, pick up Rat Queens.

But I think this has some staying power, just not for readers like myself.

The one thing I did like was the cover. It's simple like the MP.

imo this book is bad!

I have made similar comments to the following on this Sex Criminals forum. I prefaced my previous comment with the Forrest Gump 'I am not a smart man' meme.

I am going to use spoiler tags again but they are not needed; this information can be found in the one paragraph summary/preview of the comic.

I got all the urban dictionary type of jokes -- which, they now already played that card/joke but there's a zillion sex jokes at their disposal.

I didn't understand what the sex crime was. I had to use Google. The sex crime in #1 is Suzie's ability to stop time when having sex. I imagine that more characters will be introduced that have more superhero-like powers that are driven by sex or sexual urges.

That said, I do not suggest this book. If you want sex comedy, pick up Rat Queens.

But that's not exactly the "sex crime":

It's that after she & her bf orgasm to stop time, they rob banks.

imo this book is bad!

I got that time stood still when she had sex.

I didn't make the connection that they used it to rob banks or whatever -- thst was what I had to find out via google. Thanks for the heads up. In my post, I was trying to be nondescript to minimize spoilers which is just silly since I used spoiler tags.

imo this book is bad!

I got that time stood still when she had sex.

I didn't make the connection that they used it to rob banks or whatever -- thst was what I had to find out via google. Thanks for the heads up. In my post, I was trying to be nondescript to minimize spoilers which is just silly since I used spoiler tags.

I gotcha. They hint at it briefly in the last panel, but previews had also given that plot point away.

I'd honestly have some reservations if Fraction started introducing a bunch of people with sexual powers. Part of the story's appeal is that Suzie is alone in her powers, which makes it special when she does find someone who can enter her frozen world. The less the story relies on one-shot sex jokes and more on the chasm between what people expect sex to be vs. what it actually is, the better.

I only just read #1. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the premise sounded absolutely terrible but it's ended up being good enough for me to try out #2 now. It's not half as funny as some reviews claimed but it was generally fun. I'm really not sure how long a book like this can go on for though.