• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sex Criminals - Image

292 posts in this topic

I am definitely picking this one up. The interviews I read with Matt and Chip were funny so I expect this book to be as well. So far the reviews are excellent.

Does anyone know how many different covers are out there for this one?

I know there are 4 covers so far:

- regular

- Eh! Variant

- Forbidden Planet

- Ghost

Picked it up. it wasnt bad, but it wasnt great either.

Not a bad way to sum it up...it was definitely strange in a creative way. I think it's an interesting concept, just not sure if it's a concept I care to invest too much thought (or money) into.

Not a bad way to sum it up...it was definitely strange in a creative way. I think it's an interesting concept, just not sure if it's a concept I care to invest too much thought (or money) into.

I looked at it and sat it back on the shelf, nothing really drew me into it.

I looked at it and sat it back on the shelf, nothing really drew me into it.

+1

I surprisingly enjoyed this book. I recently dropped all Matt Fraction books from my pull because none of them were doing it for me (The Fantastic Four, FF, and Satellite Sam). I even went as far to read the first 11 issues of Hawkeye and enjoyed them until that one issue with the illegible dog speak. Now I do realize there are a ton of MF fans on these boards so please don't look at this as bashing. Just not my style of writing.

Now back to Sex Criminals. I really liked it and am on board for the first arc. Let's see how this goes.

I was disappointed. It was like some chick flick written as a wannabe screen play. I will pass on #2.

I agree that the way it is presented, the book feels very much like a chick flick - though I'd honestly probably go see a movie based on this idea. I'm hoping for some darker plot points in the next few issues.

I only did a short review of this one:

http://www.newsarama.com/19041-best-shots-rapid-reviews-avengers-man-bat-much-more.html

Honestly felt it was jumbled the first read through. After sleeping on it though, I felt the parts seemed to make more sense. I read the first 2 or 3 books of Joe Casey's "Sex" and was beyond unimpressed with that attempt to bring a frank discussion of sex into comics. This one seems to take a more interesting approach that doesn't try so hard but definitely comes off as thoughtful and intentional in both art and story.

I'm still waiting to see how they play the story out though. I think it's going to need to do something more with the criminal aspect, which they only touch upon in this first issue. But lots of potential, I think.