• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your favourite DC New 52 3D comic & cover.

29 posts in this topic

Since the Joker's Daughter issue is the only thing with a thread around here, I figured I'd start one for all the 3D cover comics.

What is your favourite issue overall? What's your favourite cover? Seems JD is terrible from both directions, from what I am reading here in other threads, so discuss them all here!

:D

I haven't read any of them and probably won't (sorry!) but a few of the covers are neater than others, like Man-Bat and The Creeper, but from what I have seen in front of my own eyes (which is only about half or less of all the covers,) I like the Black Adam cover the best. It seems the most dynamic of all the lenticular animations.

-slym

So, where do you think the "non-hot" covers will stand in regards on ones like Joker's Daughter and Harley where there was a demand already? Are all of these books rare-ish? And what about the 2D covers? Will they be overlooked and then later sought after?

-slym

At the one shop I walked into right at opening, and that had all the 3D covers that came out today except JD on the shelf, they were the only ones that had a few issues left over from last week. I can't remember what they all were now, but I am wondering if any of these are worth some short-term speculation other than the "hot" ones. If they are all selling out... ???

-slym (admits it - he is being a "flipper" on these right now)

My LCS had several from this week. Same as last week. Of course those like Harley and JD were all gone. However, the guy said they had ordered 20 JD books and only got 3 so that's not his fault. I only got the ones of character's books I would normally get. So I do like the Joker, Grodd, and Doomsday. The Riddler book look cool too. I did get Mongul and Black Hand as well.

Scarecrow, Ventriloquist, Clayface and Poison Ivy were ace.

Ra's Al Ghul had a great 3D effect!

Still waiting on this week's shipment to arrive in the post... so hard to say. PLUS, I only ordered the bat related books... so I can't comment on the full month.

Scarecrow, Ventriloquist, Clayface and Poison Ivy were ace.

Ra's Al Ghul had a great 3D effect!

Still waiting on this week's shipment to arrive in the post... so hard to say. PLUS, I only ordered the bat related books... so I can't comment on the full month.

Ha! I just started following you on Instagram :hi:

The Black Adam, Arcane, and Ivy were great. I had the Mrs. taking pictures and she said she started getting dizzy lol

For the pure 3D effect, I thought that Eclipso, Rouge's and Black Adam were the best at displaying focus points on multiple levels. Doomsday was also really good in this respect.

From a pure aesthetics perspective, Poison Ivy, Court of Owls and Killer Croc were probably my favs.