• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large Volume of Neal Adams Art lost

28 posts in this topic

in the case of Neal people dealt his art in secret because the maniac called everything he ever drew stolen even if it was sold by his agent. That's over now but there are still shady corners and dark alleys in this hobby.

Got some stories?

I got this Ben Casey daily from the wife of an army buddy of Jerry Capp, Al Capp's brother .

link to the image on CAF

I have no reason to think it was stolen by Jerry Capp (Caplin), I just think there was little value at the time, and the original art was given away as mementos and favors.

Best, David

By all means send Neal a high quality scan. He's trying to collect copies of his Ben Casey artwork. Maybe you should do it anonymously.

DG

So according to the link below lost items found in a cab should be turned over to police who hold it for a certain time which is based on the value. After that time expires they auction it off? No wonder they have taxi drivers who won't turn items in. Taxi drivers should be rewarded for doing the right thing and punished for breaking the law. Why should the city get it if no one claims it?

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/13/left-something-in-a-cab-good-luck-getting-it-back/?_r=0