• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most CGC copies you own of one book.

105 posts in this topic

I have 5 copies of Astonishing Tales #25.

9.4 SS

Looking for lower graded copies if anyone has any. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Man, I don't even have one yet! But it's high up on my list along with a low grade reading copy. thumbsup2.gif

I did have 4 CGC 9.9 copies of USM #15. I bought them for $69, $110, $100, and $60, respectively, in 2001-2003. But I've sold 2 off since then.

I now have 5 copies of Spawn #1 (2 9.9, 2 9.8, 1 9.6), but I plan on selling the 9.9s and 9.8s to buy some nice BA comics. Same with the other CGC USM's I own.

I am amazed/impressed by the number of doubles that people keep. For the non-dealers here, what's the rationale for acquiring and then keeping so many copies of the same book? Is it speculation, obsession, or what? Don't you have an issue with keeping your capital tied up in the same book, rather than freeing up your funds to fill other holes in your collection?

I have very few doubles, and all are raw. I don't have the luxury of keeping doubles, because whenever I upgrade a book I need to sell the existing book to help replenish the war chest to fund future acquisitions.

It's a fixation. We love a certain comic and we want as many as we can find! 893applaud-thumb.gif

But 600 copies of IM/Sub #1 is alot.

I had 6 copies each of ASM #238 & #239 all of which I submitted myself:

1 x 9.9

3 x 9.8

2 x 9.6

5 x 9.8

1 x 9.6

All twelve of these books had WHITE PGS, which is tough to find on these issues. I recently sold my final copy (a #238 9.8) to a fellow forumite. acclaim.gif

Just an obsesion I guess, for me anyways.

I have 10 copies of X-Men 140, 6 are graded 9.4, and 4 are raw. I just love that Wendigo cover. screwy.gif

I love that book too... cool.gif

I've got 5 copies; 3 slabbed and 2 raw ones that are signed by Byrne & Austin.

I think Cal's supply of IM/Subby #1 wins this hands down...

27_laughing.gif

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread. I think he was up to 183 copies of that book.

He had about 600 copies left from over 800. I don't think he had very many slabbed though, which is what this thread is about.

Actually he had quite a few slabbed, over 100 I think. Below is one of three pictures he posted on the Ebay Board one time - I count 28 right there. I just had to keep a copy of one pic grin.gif This book is one of the reasons he started off pissed at the Ebay posters - when we all agreed there were more than 3,000 copies of this book left in existence, he took his anger and embarassment out on us screwy.gif

614599-calim.jpg

614599-calim.jpg.9bae1e541e8d221d8f10c2caeb9a4d05.jpg

Here's another look at the tip of Cal's IronMan/Subby Iceberg. From his website (hope he doesn't mind).

calsironmansubbies.jpg

The problems he ran into here were a little more complex than just those surrounding this massive accumulation.....but the pictures were pretty awe-inspiring none-the-less. I can't find the post where he had other shots....but the images are burned into my collector's brain forever.

There were a couple of other shots....of different copies.......it was pretty amazing, whether you agreed with the goal of collecting that many or not. I thought it was cool.