• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four #66 (Copy A)

16 posts in this topic

This copy remains my keeper, as long as I can’t find a nicer copy with better inside printing. I’d love to hear your grading comments on that.

Many thanks in advance! (thumbs u

xJ9YHmxh.jpg

Higher resolution: http://i.imgur.com/xJ9YHmx.jpg

HgZCw10h.jpg

Higher resolution: http://i.imgur.com/HgZCw10.jpg

Thanks guys,

Mark, you meant lower LEFT, right? No as far as I recall (I’ve already put the book back in the bag) it’s just a color breaking stress line on the cover, not an impact ding going through the book.

In fact, I am still undecided about 8.0 and 8.5, as I tend to undergrade in certain grade ranges, but surely is nice and for now it continues to be my keeper! :D

My gut tells me to give this a higher grade but I base my grading on the Overstreet Grading Guide which I have studied since it's inception. I graded this book 7.5 to 8.0. The guide tells us that no colour breaks are allowed on cover creases at the 8.0 grade but because there are not a lot of other defects I think it would push to 8.0, although it has the eye appeal of 8.0 to 8.5. I believe that CGC grades books close to OCBGG but at times I have seen grades that defy my eyes.

I believe that CGC grades books close to OCBGG but at times I have seen grades that defy my eyes.

Word! I saw a MTU #2 that was so miscut, so off kilter and so like an abstract painting that it gave me vertigo and I had to sit down.

:signfunny:

I believe that CGC grades books close to OCBGG but at times I have seen grades that defy my eyes.

Word! I saw a MTU #2 that was so miscut, so off kilter and so like an abstract painting that it gave me vertigo and I had to sit down.

lol

What was the grade?

Believe it or not it was a 9.4 :facepalm: