• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Storms grading?

78 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm sure this has been discussed in some fashion before, but any input is appreciated.

Has any bought raw books from Bob Storms before? How is his grading? I tried finding something about this via the find function, but nothing came up for me. Thanks.

As everyone indicated, he is a spot on grader and consumate professional. However, there is something to watch out for. Always take a raw book out of the bag and flip through the pages - Bob tends to insert a picture of himself in compromising positions with a note

" Hey there big boy, call me 631-543-1917 and let's meet. Clothing optional."

Driving down to Texas with Bob one time and I was about to get attacked by a mountain Lion. Bob showed the Lion some books. The Lion was so impressed by his grading that the Mountain Lion apologized to me for getting loud, bought two books from Bob, and a pack of Mylars from me.

Bob's grading is so good, he can tame a mountain Lion. 'Nuff Said!!

Hi all, I'm sure this has been discussed in some fashion before, but any input is appreciated.

Has any bought raw books from Bob Storms before? How is his grading? I tried finding something about this via the find function, but nothing came up for me. Thanks.

I'd rather buy raw books from Bob than buy CGC graded books.

+1

One thing I really appreciate about Bob is that he always provides honest grading - no pushing the grade, no 'if it were going to be pressed' nonsense, and expensive keys are graded under the same strict standards as $10 books.

Also extremely helpful is that every book is listed with a page quality designation.

I too would much rather buy a raw books from Bob Storms than books that have been CGC'd.

And indeed I have.

One thing I really appreciate about Bob is that he always provides honest grading - no pushing the grade, no 'if it were going to be pressed' nonsense, and expensive keys are graded under the same strict standards as $10 books.

Also extremely helpful is that every book is listed with a page quality designation.

I too would much rather buy a raw books from Bob Storms than books that have been CGC'd.

And indeed I have.

+1 (thumbs u

Bob was also the first online dealer to ever actually work out a fair package deal with me for multiple books... Seems like most others I've dealt with so far either have a "no offer" policy or are very light on the discount (like 3-5%)

this thread now has me back at Bob's site thinking about buying more...

when you are a good seller you dont even need to do marketing, your happy customers do it for you!