• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four - DOA?

15 posts in this topic

I was at my local con selling some books to a few boardies. While I had some success selling many of my books, no one would touch any of my mid grade FF's. These were all minor keys with either a Galactus or Silver Surfer appearance.

Is this a reflection of my marketplace (Edmonton) or is there very little interest in FF's outside of 1, 4, 5, 12, and 48?

That pretty typical but I'd say that only applies to issues 61 on up. The classic Kirby run from 44-60 with Inhumans Galactus SS are all easy sellers. The 2 Black Panther issues are red hot and the Dr Doom storyline from 55-60 is a must have lead by 55 with the classic cover.

Pre issue 44, non-keys should be priced to sell. 61 on up in VG are basically $3-5 books, I think 72 goes for a bit more and the HIM might too.

Ditto - The Kirby run is stellar, and with FF #52 going gangbusters atm, this run is very collectable.

I'm still trying to finish my FF run. I need about 50ish issues pre-number 100 to finish off my collection. I'm always on the look out for affordabel copies.

..... ever been to Phoebus Virginia ? ......a part of Hampton Roads? Bender's Books has a bunch of the first 100 in the Fine range for decent prices. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I was at my local con selling some books to a few boardies. While I had some success selling many of my books, no one would touch any of my mid grade FF's. These were all minor keys with either a Galactus or Silver Surfer appearance.

Is this a reflection of my marketplace (Edmonton) or is there very little interest in FF's outside of 1, 4, 5, 12, and 48?

I still need 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 10 but have the others. Kirby run was great.

9210852362_c4356fb8d1_c.jpg

There is a greater and greater resistance to lower and midgrade SA. Cyclical, this is the third or fourth time in the last 30 years this has happened. Eventually the higher grade stuff will price itself out of the clutches of more folks, the midgrade stuff will once again look like a bargain and start selling near book.

Circle of Life stuff, lol

...oh, and SA Fantastic Four stuff is an evergreen, it will ALWAYS sell eventually. Don't be in too big a hurry to blow it out unless you paid nothing for it in the first place.

I'm still trying to finish my FF run. I need about 50ish issues pre-number 100 to finish off my collection. I'm always on the look out for affordabel copies.

..... ever been to Phoebus Virginia ? ......a part of Hampton Roads? Bender's Books has a bunch of the first 100 in the Fine range for decent prices. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

No, I don't get out to the coast much. I might have to plan a trip that way soon though.

That pretty typical but I'd say that only applies to issues 61 on up. The classic Kirby run from 44-60 with Inhumans Galactus SS are all easy sellers.

Well, honestly there are great issues in the #30s as well, and #61-67 are among the best stories Marvel ever produced, IMO. :)