• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which is better? SS exclusive opps or book limits?

188 posts in this topic

Maybe I am biased since I am the "well paid CAW" that Doug mentioned but really it is not all that bad. I get enough time on my own to do almost anything I want (the only thing I missed was the How I met your mother panel at SDCC) and I get all of the exclusives that I want. If Doug finds anything at a show to make extra money on I always get a cut and if I ever need to sell anything personally he shops it around for me since his connection list is larger than mine. Clearly I cannot speak for all CAWs but it really isn't all that bad, besides the occasional homicidal thoughts (most notably at SDCC) my life is not too shabby. As for self loathing, I just hate everyone, most notably JJ.

I agree. It's not that bad. In the end, you get to go to a bunch of conventions and hang with some fun people. Your feet do hurt and you do have to put in a lot of work.

I agree. It's not that bad. In the end, you get to go to a bunch of conventions and hang with some fun people. Your feet do hurt and you do have to put in a lot of work.

So its like a normal day over here minus the hills... Sounds good to me sign me up :banana:

So its like a normal day over here minus the hills... Sounds good to me sign me up :banana:

If I head to Texas next year and need a hand ill drop you a pm.

If I head to Texas next year and need a hand ill drop you a pm.

I'd be happy to work Texas shows too if you need more help.

There are 2 types of CAW's:

One type works with the facilitator at any given show

Another type works directly with the CGC staff at the booth at conventions

I became a CAW in 2010...one of the better decisions of my life! Chat boards are one thing, but when people give you a chance and treat you like family this cannot be described. Thank you CGC!