• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My secret is out

14 posts in this topic

Glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to do. I do wonder who that old guy with my wife is though.

I was surprised that they chose a picture with a comic strip as opposed to one with comics or comic book art. We did lots of both. It is mighty pretty though.

If anyone is interested, the artwork is a Mutts piece. Line art by Patrick McDonnell with color by Laura Martin. Click below to embiggen and read about the piece.

McDonnell,%20Patrick%20(pen%20and%20ink)%20and%20Laura%20Martin%20(color)%201200dpi%20-%20Mutts.jpg

Nice article, Alex. If you sell your entire collection, I hear Greg Capullo has a great cover for you to buy!

Actually, when I read the title, I thought this thread was you coming to terms with the fact that you are indeed, a Brony! ;)

One question, have you inquired about adding the original art from the comic that accompanied the article to your collection?

Actually, when I read the title, I thought this thread was you coming to terms with the fact that you are indeed, a Brony! ;)

I'm still in denial.

One question, have you inquired about adding the original art from the comic that accompanied the article to your collection?

I hadn't, but I will now!

A local magazine wanted to write an article on comic book collectors and my LCS posted the request on their FB page. I responded and my wife and I made the cover.

Interesting that they chose a picture of us that includes art vs. one with comics.

http://tanglewoodbuzz.com/2013/10/still-crazy-for-comics

I've been crying since I read the article. It dawned upon me that all of you are adults reading comic books.

DG

Enjoyed reading the article too. Alex, can you tell us when your wife truly got over the stigma of being ashamed that you were reading comic books?

I stopped buying in 1984 or so. I started again in the early 90s. She got over it before I actually re-started. I missed a bunch of stuff Crisis, Watchmen, FYL Legion, Byrne's Superman reboot, etc.