• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The state of the CGC Forums

125 posts in this topic

I think there is a still a ton of sales threads - they taper during major conventions.

Is it my imagination, or has the activity on this forum really slowed down? I seem to remember years ago a lot more activity, tons of sales threads etc.

People stopped trying so hard for "pernts." It has been a little slower, but a lot calmer lately.

;)

-slym

Is it my imagination, or has the activity on this forum really slowed down? I seem to remember years ago a lot more activity, tons of sales threads etc.

People especially many hard core members have soured on all the shenanigans of late with shrinkage, questionable spine repair and face jobs.

Also I think people are moving over to trade paperbacks, hard cover graphic novels, and digital comics for the most part.

I was going to buy some slabbed CGC Fantastic Four back issues when I realized I could buy Fantastic Four Omnibus volumes 1 and 2 for less then $150 on Amazon. These collect FF 1 to 60, plus annuals 1 to 4.

One silver age CGC slabbed FF would have cost me at least $150.

I get more bang for my buck buying trade paperbacks, hard cover graphic novels, and digital comics then generic run of mill slabs. lol

People especially many hard core members have soured on all the shenanigans of late with shrinkage, questionable spine repair and face jobs.

Also I think people are moving over to trade paperbacks, hard cover graphic novels, and digital comics for the most part.

I was going to buy some slabbed CGC Fantastic Four back issues when I realized I could buy Fantastic Four Omnibus volumes 1 and 2 for less then $150 on Amazon. These collect FF 1 to 60, plus annuals 1 to 4.

I get more bang for my buck buying trade paperbacks, hard cover graphic novels, and digital comics then generic run of mill slabs. lol

:eyeroll:

and for good measure... :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

I'll see your :eyeroll: :eyeroll: and raise you a :doh:

this sounds like my life story

That's good to hear, it would suck if this placed slowly died off. I've always thought it was hands down the best comic forum on the web.

This place is busier than ever with a lot of new members but there were a few threads started about controversial topics a few months ago (like people trying to get threads locked and 'hot chick' posts) that has gotten people to make this place more family friendly.

I still think it's as busy as ever, although I do remember Friday and Saturday nights being a little more active.

I think we need another selling thread by cd4ever to keep things chugging along. :D

I'll see your :eyeroll: :eyeroll: and raise you a :doh:

I'm all in with :facepalm::facepalm:

Reprints upon reprints, marvel masterworks, etc. It killed the ec market for a time, and now they are back reprintings reprints.

The cost of slabbing a book should come down, now that CGC has this thing down to a science and it would stimulate the markets.

Posting on the boards is not easy, reading it is. A number of "readers" have attempted to post and have be met with some pretty hard responses and are never heard from again. so, I dont think readership is down, but the remaining board members who chose to post are a pretty tough lot and the numbers are down.

Activity on this forum has decreased by gratuitous, inconsistent over-moderation.